DYNAMIC, PASSIONATE, SOLID EXPERTISE IN MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS RESORTS & LUXURY HOTELS
Travel, Hospitality & Restaurant
Weston, FL 33327
DYNAMIC, PASSIONATE, RESULTS ORIENTED PROFESIONAL WITH ACCOMPLISHED RECORD IN
WELLNESS AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
Over a decade of experience in high-end destination hotels, resorts, luxury and fitness properties. Solid expertise of pre-development, openings, and repositioning of spas, retail and fitness operations. Operates to achieve and exceed revenue goals and objectives. Successful entrepreneur recognized for creativity, adaptability and attention to detail. Self-starter leader with passion for sourcing and cultivating the right talent to deliver iconic luxury services described as “lavish indulgent, and extravagant”. Travelled worldwide to marketplaces in the US, South America, Europe and Asia to identify new trends and concepts including products, protocol services, education and design for operating luxury properties. Fully bilingual English/Spanish.
Spa, Retail and Fitness Manager
Marriott International // Present
EDEN ROC RENAISSANCE HOTEL RESORT & SPA Marriott International Luxury Property – (Miami Beach, USA)
Hired to open and manage at this Four –Star Hotel the new, exclusive ELLE Spa (20,000 sq. ft.) A joint venture of Marriott International and the Editors of ELLE Magazine. Managed Spa, Gift Shop, Retail Boutique and Fitness Center. Directed daily operations including guest service, payroll, staff training, scheduling, protocol and brand development.
• Achieved minimal turnover. Recruiting, mentoring and training new 50+ associates, hiring only candidates who were able to embody the ELLE brand and deliverer uncompromising and indulgent service that pampered guest.
• Attained departmental average of 95% on Guest Survey Satisfaction by monitoring feedback, and empowering staff to take ownership in resolving customer issues and concerns.
• Controlled and reduced by 30% budgeted fixed expenses commitments by hiring labor sources instead of labor outsourcing.
• Reduced budgeted variable expenses by 40% re-negotiating pricing products with vendors.
• Increased group sales by 50% partnering with other departments to cross promote driving sales, revenue and satisfaction.
• Exercised great regard for multi-cultural staff encouraging each team member to infuse creativity into their role; high employee satisfaction translated to a concern for quality, an environment of accountability, and outstanding level of guest satisfaction.
Launched new services that were credible, competitive, and offered a value-plus service to the customer by leveraging thorough knowledge of spa retailing operations, sound business judgment, and passion for delivering Iconic luxury service
Midtown Athletic Club // Present
MIDTOWN ATHLETIC CLUB (TCA Holdings, LLC) International Leader Upscale in Tennis & Fitness Resort (Weston, Florida)
Directed operations for exclusive Spa for the international leader in high-end Tennis, Fitness Club and Sport Resorts. Managed daily operations and 25 staff members. Leverage performance planning to coach and retain high- performing staff that drove unprecedented results for the new spa.
• Hired to start- up a Spa at Midtown Athletic Club in 60 days; successfully accomplish in 30 days.
• Exceeded 1st year fiscal budget by 40% managed labor costs without compromising luxury and quality.
• Successfully maintained operational expenses in the range of 5%-7% compared with 10% industry ratio.
• Mentored and trained spa associates to maintain excellent sales to service ratio by increasing customer retention by
70% (from 40%), and improving client satisfaction ranking from #10 to #3 (of 12 branches).
• Reduced cost of advertising by 70% by masterminding quality-driven service revenue with creative in –house marketing.
• Used member data to identify preferences for additional services; introduced add-ons services that increased average ticket by 20%
• Created Spa Standard Operational Procedure Manual and ensure compliance.
GuestRelations, Fitness and Spa Manager
Hyatt Park Hotel // Present
VILLA MAGNA HOTEL Hyatt Park Luxury Properties Leadings Hotels in the World (Madrid, Spain.)
Led operations for the wellness and fitness (Spa, Fitness Center and Guest Relations) for this Five-Star hotel in the heart of Madrid. Developed business-building tools to enhance luxury, lifestyle and Hotel Brand. Responsible for all financial functions, budgeting, forecasting and analysis. Used financial plans for spotting trends, measuring productivity and monitoring progress. Control ongoing service and product margin analysis to ensure profitability and guest satisfaction.
• Quickly mastered Spain’s HR and Spa laws and regulations to effectively hire, train, schedule and manage a team of 43 Spa associates and personal trainers, both “on call” and regular staff.
• Responsible for reducing staff turnover by 40%.
• Exceeded budget commitments by 20% by reducing buyout labor.
• Increased sales by 20% developing business strategies targeting luxury market.
• Dealt with fiscal, personnel, legal, and insurance matters.
• Reduced fixed expenses by 20% negotiating acquisition fitness equipment acquisition
Le Joren Spa // Present
Founder of this Full Service Salon & Spa (Plantation, Florida, USA)
Performed general manager duties and supervised day-to-day operations. Handled customer relations and sales. Procured new customers and maintained customer relations. Wrote and designed all print and electronic marketing materials. Administrative management, creative sales techniques, customer relations, and innovative marketing. Responsible for all financial functions, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis. Developed relationship with local hotels to cater their guest to provide their customer Spa related needs.
• Headed successful setup of this new Salon and Spa.
• Started up with 3 employees increasing to 18 employees. Zero turnover.
• Responsible for creating liaison with The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel and La Quinta Inn Suites to provide Spa services to their guests and associates.
• Maintained excellent customer relations, bringing in a significant amount of new business from repeat customers.
• Expanded customer base by 60% in one year through effective sales campaign
• Instrumental in obtaining operating profit improvements of 50% every year consistently until business was sold.
Reporter- Regional Sales Developer
Cadena Sur // Present
CADENA SUR International Cable Channel (Miami Beach, FL)
Responsible for developing annual and quarterly public relations plans. Handled the tasks of maintaining and developing media relationships, finding local news and stories. Researched and responded to different press inquiries. Responsible for counseling and advising of advertising for business growth. Distributed and managed development of press materials
• Grew sales from 49% to 58% of overall company revenue.
• Recognized of the years 2001 to 2003, for best performing Regional Sales Representative
• Created sales campaign that enabled ties with 18 new business clients.
• Engagements for diverse client base, approximately 60% international and 40% domestic, including major U.S. companies
Nova Southeastern University
Bachelor's Degree// Communication Science & Public Relations