We're sorry... This job has expired or been removed. It may have been filled or removed for some other reason. For your reference the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Location: GA - Alpharetta
Employment Duration: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
This position is responsible for Accounts Payable (AP) and Document Management System (DMS) functions to ensure vendors are paid accurately and in a timely manner. Must be able to work very well independently as well as maintain a good repore with our vendors, customers and other employees.
* Data entry and review of invoices and processing vouchers in the Cost Point Accounting System in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
* Process of all purchase orders (POs).
* Scan, index and process of documentation upon receipt within the Document Management System (DMS).
* Sort and match invoices and documentation for payment processing.
* Ensure that the Check Processing Policy and the Check Signing Policy are followed.
* Interface with internal and external customers on a daily basis and respond promptly to inquires with exceptional customer service.
* Office administration duties include, mail distribution, ordering supplies and security access.
* Enter invoices into accouting system to inculde research necesary to make sure they are properly approved and coded (containing general ledger account, project, and organization).
* Ensure required vendor information, including tax ID number (TIN) and address, is correct in the Accounting System for accurate, complete and timely processing.
* File all documentation for payment processing, ensuring proper supporting documentation and assist with audit requests.
* Ensure that all checks are sent to the vendor and/or sites on time, with checks over $2K being signed by upper management.
* Answer vendor phone calls/emails and handle inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
* Answer company phone and other duties ensuring compliant security procedures as backup to the company receptionist.
* Associates Degree with prior experience in Full Cycle Accounts Payable
* Prefer Bachelors Degree
* Familiarity with project related accounting and experience with government contracts.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products, Deltek CostPoint
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.