Bridges of America is currently looking for a Addictions Counselor for our Auburndale, Florida facility.
This position is a Part-time, 15-20 hours weekly with a weekly adjusting schedule based on the number of clients participating in the program.
Bridges of America has a long and successful history of trustworthy service to the State of Florida. There has been a sound, mutually-rewarding working relationship between the Bridge rehabilitation programs and the Florida Department of Corrections since 1976. Bridges of America offers a number of services including, but not limited to, drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation, Transitional Living and Work Release.
Every Bridge facility is a result of hundreds of planning and administrative hours. Since 1976, numerous highly-qualified men and women have put forth extraordinary efforts to help make BOA a success. From Substance Abuse Counselors to the supervisor and Board of Directors, there is a genuine sense of teamwork at BOA combined with a real compassion for the clients.
Bridges of America is looking for individuals with strong leadership skills and a passion for inspiring, helping and challenging people and we want you to be a part of our team and our philosophy.
ADDICTIONS COUNSELOR - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Partial Listing):
- Ensure that all applicable policies and procedures that fall within the scope of the job description are followed and adhered to.
- Responsible for understanding and executing the positions responsibilities as described in the Counselor’s Handbook and the Company policies.
- Complete and maintain all required clinical documentation per The Company policy, Counselor Handbook and the F.A.C. 65-D-30.
- Facilitate Phase I, II, and III groups per program manuals and the Company policy.
- Complete case management on each client as necessary.
- Attend all staff meetings and scheduled Phase III clinical.
- Work toward certification as a CAP and/or take necessary courses to maintain certification on an annual basis.
- Be available for emergency counseling sessions with any client while on shift.
- Be available to work all shifts to ensure proper coverage per contract and policy standards.
- Clock in and out utilizing the company time and attendance system
- Must be able to perform the major functions of job with or without an accommodation.
- Required to attend all mandatory training specified by policy.
Rate indicated is an Entry Level Rate and is Non-Negotiable.
COUNSELOR must meet ONE of the following standards
Must be available to work all shifts, including weekends.
- High school diploma or GED & 6 years chemical addictions or mental health experience
- Associates degree & 4 years addictions or mental health experience
- Bachelors degree & 2 years addictions or mental health experience
- Masters degree & 1 year addictions or mental health experience
- PhD & 6 months addictions or mental health experience
- CAP, CCJAP, CAS, CAC or CCJAAP certification
NOTE: Case Management does not count towards experience.