You're serious about your career,
and rest assured you've come to the right place. At MASSEY CADILLAC NORTH,
a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc. Purpose:
The Body Shop Administrative Assistant greets visitors by phone and in person in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner and provides information and assistance as needed. The Body Shop Administrative Assistant also assists the Body Shop Manager and Estimators by dealing with vendors, receiving payment from customers and keeping files and records in an accurate manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and greet customers coming into the shop in a friendly, professional manner. Direct customer appropriately.
- Calculate the customer's bill using the dealership's computer system.
- Receive checks and credit card payments from customers and record the amount received on the repair order.
- Ensure that all personal checks are guaranteed through the check approval vendor. Ensure that any checks failing to guarantee are approved by management.
- Make change accurately and issue receipts to customers. Have every repair order signed by the customer at time of payment.
- Ascertain and record totals of repair orders and verify against all cash, checks and credit card payments on hand at end of shift.
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers and vendors for goods and services as directed by the Body Shop Manager or estimators.
- Assist Body Shop Manager with collection and reconcilation of accounts receivable.
- Prepare payroll reports for Body Shop associates and enter into the computer system.
- Work with the Body Shop Manager to keep abreast of new products and services offered by the shop and any changes in price.
- Refer customers who have additional questions (e.g. questions about their repair order) to the manager, estimator or other appropriate individual.
- Handle customer complains with integrity and poise and take or refer the complaining customer to the appropriate individual for further communication.
- Maintain Body Shop files of repair orders, invoices, purchase orders, etc. accurately and timely.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Basic computer skills to include accurate data entry, MS Office (i.e. Excel and e-mail).
- Basic skills with office machines (copier, credit card machine, fax machine,telephone, adding machine)
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to work well with customers and present a friendly, helpful attitude at all times.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career: the move to MASSEY CADILLAC NORTH.
From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the MASSEY CADILLAC NORTH difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.