Leading the Way…TM in California real estate for 100 years, the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.) is one of the largest state trade organizations in the United States, with more than 150,000 members dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate. C.A.R. is headquartered in Los Angeles. www.car.org.
C.A.R. is seeking a reliable and friendly Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant in the Corporate Legal department is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks including interacting with Association members over the phone, creating and updating spreadsheets and documents, and providing general assistance to our attorneys.
- Primary contact for consumer-facing Ombudsmen program, handling intakes from consumers and REALTORS® by phone and email, identifying appropriate volunteer Ombudsmen and assigning cases, maintaining contact with Ombudsmen, and reporting of program results.
- Organize seminars and trainings taught by department attorneys, including handling registrations, processing payments, sending out materials, scheduling rooms and amenities, as needed.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the corporate legal department (8 attorneys).
- Answer calls and respond to member requests for information.
- Serve as backup for administration of Arbitration program (may include handling intakes of arbitration complaints and set-up and maintenance of arbitration files, timely processing and delivery of all procedural paperwork, telephone interaction with parties to the arbitration and the arbitrators themselves, coordinating schedules and setting up hearings).
- Organize meetings for attorneys, create and maintain spreadsheets for insurance and pension programs, type and post documents to website and handle other administrative functions as needed.
- Prepare committee handouts and materials for Director’s meetings for multiple attorneys and coordinate meetings, as needed.
- Post documents online for all Association directors’ meetings, type and maintain documents such as agendas and motions for Subsidiaries’ directors meetings.
- Provide backup support for various areas, including Amicus filings, and copyrights.
- File and retrieve corporate documents using software program.
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must possess strong computer skills and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, and outstanding customer service orientation. Requires keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and ongoing issues.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, exercise patience when speaking with callers, maintain multiple calendars and maintain orderly filing system.
- Must be able to function effectively in a variety of challenging situations and circumstances, including difficult project deadlines, demanding customers, tight budgets, and evolving goals and objectives.
- Must be able to work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner. Must be able to listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others.
- Must have excellent work ethic and attendance.
For consideration - qualified applicants only please - submit cover letter and resume (in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) to: