Administrative Assistant I REF#:HS-R-8367-13-12-S
Budget Title:same as above Research Foundation Support Position
Department:Pathology RF Line#:R2325000
Grade:N.6 Campus:Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Salary:$30,000 - $36,000Required Qualifications:High School Diploma/GED or equivalent formal education with strong literacy, numeracy and computer proficiency. Three years of administrative experience in health care and/or an academic setting. Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and or equivalent email application). Ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy office setting. High attention to detail. Ability to work independently and on a team. Professional demeanor along with excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications:Associate's Degree or higher. Prior experience in an academic medical center environment. Experience working in a medical office setting. Experience managing calendars for executive level positions.
Brief Description of Duties:The Administrative Assistant will support Pathology Administration academic office and clinical practice. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
* Provide administrative support to the Department of Pathology Administrative Office. Participate in projects and initiatives as assigned by the Administrator. Prepare minutes for committee meetings. Arrange travel and other accommodations for faculty, staff and visitors. Assist administrative coordinator of Core Facility.Clerical Duties:
* Serve as a receptionist in the main office and handle the following duties: answer phones; attend to visitors; handle the mail; order supplies; keep office neat. Interact and correspond with various internal and external constituents regarding departmental and campus activities. Scan documents. Develop and maintain office filing systems and procedures. Maintain confidential files. Maintain calendar and the office bulletin boards. Process procurement transactions.
* Implement administrative procedures which ensure efficient function of the department.
* Coordination of on-site meetings and events. Assist in the planning, preparation and implementation of research symposiums, speaker series, events and conferences. Provide support for special projects and programs as necessary.Clinical Duties:
* Serve as Clinical Administrative Assistant for Faculty Practice.
* Schedule patient appointments.
* Manage physician schedules.
* Manage patient medical records.
Other Duties:As assigned
Special Notes:This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure:Those interested in this position should submit aResearch Foundation Employment Application, Resume and Cover Letter to:
BST Level 9, Room 140
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8691
Fax # 631-444-3424
Use theResourcesbox located at the bottom of this page.