TMG’s Administrative Assistant is an individual who provides the knowledge and skill to support TMG’s Project Management and Field Operations by performing the administrative aspects of operating TMG’s Leesburg office. TMG’s Administrative Assistant supports project management and field operations by being responsible for the administrative tasks related to processing and tracking the various construction management processes done by Assistant Project Managers and Construction Engineers, subcontracts, POs, insurance, certified payroll, etc..) and by performing other accounting and office related tasks (AP & AR tracking, obtaining office supplies, answering phones, etc) that allows the Manager’s, Engineers and Supervisors to focus on their core responsibilities associated with the project. The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to maintain a well organized and well kept office that facilitates an efficient work environment that conveys a tone of professionalism as seen through the eyes of the various internal and external project stakeholders (owners, subcontractors, fellow employees, etc…).
- Support the Project Manager, Superintendent or other management roles in the construction process throughout all phases of the life-cycle of a project to include estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration and closeout of individual projects and / or task order projects at large by copying, distributing and filing all routine correspondence;
- Work with the project manager to prepare the monthly applications for payment by accumulating, copying and filing all required backup (utilizing a check list) and by tracking the progress of the applications to make sure that all processing steps are complete by the required due dates;
- Obtain all delivery receipts and others forms of daily reports and/or backup that is related to the delivery of materials. Accumulate the backup in an alphabetical file for use when the invoices come in;
- Work with home office Accounts Payable to control the work flow of all invoices, to include: matching up delivery receipts with invoices, cost coding, obtaining the project managers approvals and by returning the signed off invoices with all appropriate backup to the home office in a timely manner;
- Collect all time cards, verify that cost coding and all other elements are filled out properly, forward all time cards to the payroll department prior to the date and time due and distribute pay checks / direct deposit vouchers;
- Be the onsite liaison for minor HR matters that involve making available forms, providing copies of policies, performing startup and closeout paper work on employees (utilizing checklists), etc…;
- Perform final edits, copy, distribute and file subcontract agreements, change order, purchase orders;
- Obtain Insurance and signed subcontracts / PO from all vendors and maintain a paper based file and an electronic log of the status of the insurance certificates and signature of all project documents;
- Maintain a reasonable stock level of office consumables (office supplies, bottled water, coffee, etc) and order the various supplies based on a periodic schedule;
- Maintain an awareness of where all staff are at all times to be able to respond to telephone calls and visitors needs to locate people and/or to address issues;
- Maintain a clean office environment via a combination of the help of others and the efforts of the Administrative Assistant;
- Maintain all project files (paper and electronic) and the transfer of documents between the field office and all stakeholders in a high state of order in which documents are readily locatable.
- Facilitate the movement of paper documents by processing mail and express mail services both inbound and outbound on a daily basis;
- On a daily basis keep all Printers, Copiers and Fax Machines filled with paper, toner and in a good state of order;
- Indentify, label, copy and distribute project drawings and specifications (paper and electronic format);
- Maintain a current project directory list of phone numbers and email addresses for all major stakeholders involved in each project and routinely distribute the list once a month;
- Publish, copy, distribute meeting agendas, logs, attachments and minutes for the weekly staff meetings and other adhoc meetings as required;
- Accumulate certified payrolls & other compliance documents for self-performed and subcontractor work for all active trades. Copy, file & distribute required documents monthly incidental to preparing applications for payment;
- Provide timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, ICS, etc.;
- Participate in life-long learning opportunities and professional development; and
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and focused work group functions.
- A.S. degree in Business Administration or similar and five years of direct experience, preferred
- The ability to effectively communicate both in the English written and spoken word;
- An understanding of construction terminology and the CSI indexing system;
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets and the complete MS Office Suite of Software. The ability to readily learn and use project specific software that is of an administrative nature.