We are seeking an experienced Ground Antenna Engineer with experience in testing and integrating or maintaining Ground based Antenna subsystems. The position is based in Redondo Beach, California and requires up to 50% travel to domestic and international locations. International locations may include England, Italy and Australia.
The Ground Antenna Engineer is expected to:
• Review external contractor developments and should understand and have experience in many different aspects of antenna electrical designs including board to system level digital, analog and RF control systems, high power electronics, electrical power systems and grounding
• Provide guidance on the appropriate level and type of electrical testing for Antenna subsystems to external contractors. This includes reviewing existing procedures, generating redlines and/or rewriting with a focus on quality and process.
develop and update procurements specifications,
Review test data and assess requirements compliance
Assess subcontractor proposals (perform technical, cost and schedule evaluations).
• Generate weekly and sometimes daily status e-mails detailing present status and develop technical solutions to complex problems.
• Review external contractor project schedules and make efficiency and quality improvement recommendations without increasing scope.
• Represent NG as the prime technical contact at offsite locations and subcontractor facilities and interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Perform work without appreciable direction.
Academic and/or work experience should include exposure to several of the following: antenna systems, communication systems, RF, digital and analog hardware design, control systems, high power electronics and electrical power systems.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
BS Degree in Electrical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline (Physics, Math) with a minimum of 9 years of related experience. Candidates must have demonstrated experience developing or maintaining and integrating Ground Antenna Subsystems as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. U.S. Citizenship and an active SSBI/SCI clearance are required.Preferred Qualifications:
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Connect with our Talent Community: