Job ID: 73640
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The role of AVP – PPM Tools will lead a team responsible for global best practices and approach for system configurations, serve as SME on system functionality, capabilities, and limitations, and will partner directly with the MetLife Clarity technical team to coordinate the implementation of system enhancements. The team provides business analysis services, including the creation of functional and report specifications. The team also assists with validation / acceptance testing of system functionality. The team provides global user support, system demonstrations, and training (one-on-one or group setting) on available system functionality, and may support system administration responsibilities, as needed, to ensure that resource and project records are defined and maintained appropriately.
This role will assist with enterprise level activities relating to PPM methodology and rollout, and will help to ensure that tool functionality is directly aligned to the enterprise methodology, current and planned global PPM capabilities. Responsibilities may also include tactical support for PPM related activities (Portfolio, Program and Project Management).
Principal Accountabilities of Position:
- Provide support, coaching and thought leadership in a way that supports adoption and usage of the Clarity platform at an enterprise level.
- Ensure that system requirements and enhancements are documented and understood by IT team supporting the platform.
- Facilitate continued adoption and maturation in the use of the PPM system, through thought leadership, user support, and training as a functional SME
- Ensure that the platform is configured and maintained in a way that supports ongoing enterprise usage.
- Provide thought leadership in striking the balance of the PPM system supporting financial reporting with managing programs and projects and portfolio reporting.
- Provide the necessary documentation and support artifacts to support system usage.
- Ensure the system is well aligned to the PPM Process and Procedures being utilized across the company.
- Provide effective / tactical support and coaching for Portfolio, Program, Project teams
- Performs application and technical problem solving including advice, guidance and mentoring to staff
- Collect and structure system requirements and document these along with supporting functional design artifacts and facilitate delivery of technical solutions by the supporting IT teams.
- Conduct formal User Acceptance testing (UAT) and ensure testing is compliant with the approved test plan and expected results
- Provide tier 1 production support and trouble shooting on system related and / or user issues
- Collaborate with technology and development staff to provide solution alternatives that ensure key deliverables are achieved
- Construct training and support artifacts and facilitate required training in 1:1 and group settings
- Assist with coaching and tactical support responsibilities relating to Portfolio/Program/Project Management, with focus on ensuring the appropriate application of the Clarity platform, to these practices.
- Coach, mentor and direct more junior staff in relation to system functionality, capabilities, and limitations. Assist with user administration actives relating to production systems support and monitoring.
- Assist with non-tool specific related initiatives relating to Portfolio management.
- In conjunction with the IT team, assist with technical configuration and report development activities as needed.
- High/Mastery Level of proficiency (skill level and experience) in the Clarity PPM tool set (Preferably Version 13).
- Minimum 7 years of experience in configuration of Clarity, or similar Enterprise tool functionality and a solid command of system capabilities and limitations/constraints. (Ability to serve in SME role, relating to system functionality)
- Specific experience in working with the following:
- CA Clarity PPM - Version 13 (V13 preferred)
- Configuration of the Project, Program, and Portfolio Mgmt., Demand / Resource Mgmt., Idea Mgmt. modules
- Experience in working with both MSP and OWB tool integration
- Experience with Managed Service Support Models
- Demonstrated experience in working with PPM methodology teams and abilities to align tool configuration to requirements, driven by these teams
- Demonstrated experience working with PPM Governance and Portfolio coordination
- Demonstrated experience in Clarity trouble shooting and user support
- Demonstrated experience in assembly and delivery of information reporting (Dashboard and detailed reporting)
- Demonstrated experience in training and coaching on system functionality
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong people management skills
- Change agent
- Strong active listening and facilitation skills
- Proficiency with SDLC activities including Requirements and Design, Testing and Implementation activities.
Global Technology & Operations
Click Here To Apply!
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.