Job Title Associate Auditor - Corporate Audit Department
Job Function and Key Duties & Responsibilities The New York Life Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Chief Administrative Officer and senior management. The Audit Department is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm’s line of business. This is achieved through a program of risk based audit coverage along with advisory services at the request of management. With over 50 Auditors, the Corporate Audit Department is comprised of teams that review insurance, investments, information technology, financial reporting, agency, corporate functions and fraud.
New York Life Insurance Company is expanding their Corporate Audit department and is looking for Associate Auditors to join their team. These positions will be based in the Company's headquarters in New York City and will report directly to a Corporate Vice President Officer. The opportunities extend to the recent college graduate looking to learn about a career in corporate audit or the professional with a few years in public accounting or related field.
We offer rotational assignments among the Investments, Insurance and Financial Reporting teams - after completion of the program, the Auditor will specialize in one of these areas. The Corporate Audit department is sized where Associates will receive one-on-one development, access to a career pathing and frequent exposure to senior and executive management.
The Associate role will assist with the planning of the audit and testing and evaluating controls and generally be responsible for assisting with ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous monitoring activities.
• Develop a knowledge and proficiency of the audit process, risk assessment model and monitoring activities.
• Assist with the planning of the audit through review of materials and interviewing of clients.
• Determine and document risks and controls and formulate an audit test plan.
• Test controls and determine whether observations need to be reported. Help to write those observations and communicate to the business unit.
• Occasionally work on advisory projects for business units and other internal projects within the Department.
• Assist with continuous monitoring of transactions.
• Develop relationships with the business units and strive to increase knowledge of areas within the Company.
• Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology.
Job Location NY - New York (51 Madison Ave)
Department CAO - CORPORATE AUDIT
Position Type Full Time
Required Qualifications • Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Management.
• Entry level or up to 4 year related professional experience.
• Must be a self starter and with strong analytical skills
• Desire for a career in the Corporate Audit field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Willing to travel. Approximately 15% - 25% domestic tri-state travel with occasional travel international travel to Mexico and France.
• Certification such as CPA or CIA a plus or an advanced degree.