Audiology Supervisor / Pediatric Cochlear Implant Audiologist
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in medicine. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 32,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: excellence in the provision of healthcare services to communities in the Intermountain region.
Our patients deserve the best in medicine, and we deliver.
The Audiologist is a vital member of the Primary Children's Medical Center's team who uses their expertise to recommend and provide potentially life changing care to the pediatric patients they serve. The Audiologist utilizes various techniques to diagnose the nature of hearing problems, assess the extent of any problem and recommend treatment and management options. During a typical work week, an audiologist performs a variety of hearing tests, fits patients with hearing aids and makes sure they are properly adjusted to meet the needs of the wearer, and provides counsel to patients and their family members.
The incumbent will be in a dual role with supervisory responsibility for the Primary Children's Inpatient and Outpatient Audiology team and management of a small pediatric cochlear implant case load. This position will be located at Primary Children’s main campus in Salt Lake City, but will provide support to Primary Children’s Outpatient Rehab Centers in Riverton, Taylorsville and Bountiful.
The Audiology Supervisor displays and provides leadership consistent with Intermountain Healthcares Mission, Vision and Values. The incumbent will contribute by planning, developing and partnering with the Rehab Leadership team to set strategy and define future scope of service for the Audiology team. Supervisory duties will include: partnership with Human Resources to manage all HR functions, management of the Audiology budget, oversee Service Excellence and Employee Engagement, and act as the liaison for physician relations. We are looking for an actively engaged incumbent who will act as an experienced resource to the hospital and community by providing education and quality pediatric patient care. The incumbent will also be a clinician with clinical duties that include specialization in pediatric cochlear implant services as part of the Primary Children’s Audiology Team. Cochlear implant duties will include, but are not limited to: initial candidacy evaluation, cochlear implant mapping, activation and device trouble shooting.
Entry Rate: Dependent on experience
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Department: Rehab Services
- Licensed and fully credentialed in his/her therapy discipline (Audiology)
- Master's degree in Audiology from an accredited institution. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Utah Licensure as an Audiologist or license eligible.
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Rehab supervisory experience
- Experience in a medical setting
- Doctorate degree in Audiology from an accredited institution and Program
- 3 or more years cochlear implant experience
- 3 or more years pediatric audiology experience
- Experience with Advanced Bionics, Cochlear Americas and MED EL
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Childrens MC
Interested in accessing additional jobs from Intermountain Health? Download the Intermountain Health job app to access and share high quality job opportunities from home, at work or on-the-go. The Intermountain Health job app is available for the following Apple IOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iTouch.