Title: CDL Driver
Location: United States-Washington-Auburn
Job Number: K1300020
* Work with supervisor to deliver and pick-up fairs in an efficient, cost effective manner.
* Work closely with supervisor to ensure customer service standards are maintained.
* Load and unload trucks with or without assistance of mechanical devices.
* Effectively communicate routing problems to supervisor so changes can be communicated to the routing team (road construction, address changes, steps, etc.)
* Deliver and pick-up product from schools, as scheduled; in a courteous and professional manner.
* Secure and transport products in order to enable customer to receive a "damage free" fair.
* Perform a daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of motor vehicle to which assigned. Notify supervisor of any defects or problems.
* Complete and maintain accurate and legible records in a timely manner to include, but not limited to, DOT logs, trip sheets, fuel tickets, road expenses, and other paperwork, as required.
* Adhere to all company, local, state, and federal rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, etc.
* Call regional branch/office immediately upon the occurrence of any of the following:
* Accident or damage to person(s) or property.
* Problem with a school delivery or pick-up.
* Mechanical failure of equipment.
* Assist in completing warehouse tasks as required by the supervisor.
* Must maintain professional appearance including well-groomed hair, clean uniform, and hygienic habits.
* Attend monthly driver meetings; completing all continuous training materials as required.
* Complete annual Certification of Violation Process timely, accurately, and honestly.
* Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling heavy objects, climbing ladders, and pushing/pulling display cases.
* Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
* Maintain truck per company standards.
* Regular attendance in accordance with schedule.
* Drug and alcohol-free policy compliance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED certificate preferred.
* Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1) year required.
* Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
* Possess valid CDL license with air brake endorsement.
* Must pass a drug/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as required.
* Must be able to drive vehicle weighing up to 34,000 GVW.
* Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift, and handle metal plastic cases weighing more than 350 lbs. on a regular and repetitive basis.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Customer service orientated.
* Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
* Ability to work over time and weekends as needed.
* Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
* Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read.