Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Hill Haven
Day/Evening/Night (D/E/N) - Every other weekend/holiday
Hill Haven is a 355-bed skilled nursing facility that provides a living, personal environment that maximizes health, well-being and potential for the people we serve. Hill Haven provides 24-hour skilled nursing care to those in need of rehabilitation, long-term care, transitional care, Hospice care and care for Alzheimer's-type dementia.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) are responsible for providing basic patient care under the direct supervision of the registered nurses responsible for patient care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reads and follows the resident s care card for each of assigned residents for daily personal care needs, treatments and therapies. Follows up with the nurse for clarification of information and direction. Offers suggestions if sees a better way to meet resident s needs.
* Provide and document personal care services such as bathing, toileting, feeding, skin care, hair care, dental care etc.
* Assist residents in plan of rehabilitation by assisting with transfers, walking, and other physical, speech or occupational therapy activities as established by the therapist.
* Document observations and services provided daily.
* Report observations and activities to the primary nurse or therapist responsible for the patient.
* Notify the clinician immediately of any change in client's condition which may professional intervention.
* Promote resident s involvement and independence to the extent the resident is able.
* Assists with and/or performs procedures as outlined and according to policy with proper instruction and supervision such as: admitting, transferring, discharging residents.
* Observes and reports to nurse resident s physical condition, behavior, reactions and appetite and any changes from usual. Reports any hazardous condition that may jeopardize resident, visitor, or staff safety.
* High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Must be certified in
State as a Certified Nursing Assistant. * Strong customer service and communication skills.
ROCHESTER GENERAL HEALTH SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. M/F/D/V