Job DescriptionCertified Nursing Asst (PCU) PRN(Job Number: 00309-4034)Work Location
: United States-Florida-Bradenton-Blake Medical Center - BradentonSchedule
: PRN/Per DiemDescription
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant required.
- Previous hospital experience is required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required .
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA West & Central Florida’s 15 hospitals are on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients, their families and the communities we serve. We believe the path to success is by empowering and supporting our people — our caregivers who are committed to excellence and devoted to caring. We offer an extensive benefits package that supports our employees in more ways than ever. That means generous, flexible benefits, including tuition reimbursement, online educational courses and professional learning programs. Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals.