Provide support to the collections operation by performing set-up activities of supplies and equipment at fixed sites or mobiles. Performs drive support activities including discontinuing blood units. Drive blood collection vehicles to transport required supplies, equipment, blood products and staff to and from mobile sites. Load and unload trucks and other vehicles. Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive image of the American Red Cross Biomedical Services.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
1. Comply with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations as well as all Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. Perform drive set-up and tear down, donor greeting, collection set labeling, processing and packing blood as assigned. Perform donor reaction care. Perform donor unit activities (discontinuing units, filling sample tubes, bandaging, donor instruction.)
3. Load, transport, set up and maintain supplies and equipment in a state of readiness and to ensure compliance.
4. Utilize interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good customer service with donors, volunteers, sponsors and staff.
5. Complete required readings and training assignments by assigned deadline.
6. Operate assigned vehicle according to applicable regulations. Performs vehicle checks and completes DOT paperwork per established protocol. Perform vehicle loading and unloading as assigned.
7. Perform other related duties as necessary. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.Scope
Must drive vehicles throughout the blood region to collection sites, set-up and tear down and provide other related donor and operation support. Will have frequent external customer (donor and sponsor) contact. Must balance production, customer service and compliance on a daily basis to ensure integrity of products and optimum donor experience. As an integral link between donors and ARCBS, must demonstrate excellent customer service.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
High school diploma or equivalent is required. experience is preferred. A current valid driver's license Class B required. Previous truck driving experience is preferred. May be required to pass DOT physical and related requirements. Effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required. Basic computer skills desirable.
At The American Red Cross, our humanitarian mission connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. We are committed to ensuring that our people, programs, and services reflect the diversity of the people and communities we serve. By joining the Red Cross, you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Our dedicated staff are crucial to the Red Cross and the delivery of our mission.