We apologize for the inconvenience but the job you are looking for has been filled or it has been removed by the recruiter. For your reference, the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Listed below are the top 10 out of 17,124 listings that are in the same industry and location as the job you were looking for. To see more than 10 listings, click here to search similar jobs in Nationwide, --
For your reference, we have included the original job posting below.
Community Health Specialist
Nationwide, -- CA
Healthcare & Medical Science & Biotech
Community Health Specialist
LENGTH OF PLACEMENT 12-24 months
Must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS English Level 4-5
To self-assess your level please click here
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL Cuso International is a non-profit development organization that works through volunteers. Each year, we send hundreds of global citizens to work on collaborative development projects in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. We are one of North America's leading international development organizations that works through volunteers.
ABOUT THE PARTNER ORGANIZATION For the 2012-2015 strategy, Cuso's local programming partner VSO Cameroon has identified that targeting rural women would be the most strategic means of addressing poverty issues in the long term and enabling communities to support particularly vulnerable groups themselves. Since the new strategy and ways of working are still in formation, the role will include working as part of a team to identify how the outcomes can most effectively be achieved, developing new partnerships and taking forwards new areas of work.
THE VOLUNTEER'S ROLE Overall placement purpose and specific volunteer placement objectives:
Community health advisors will work with communities and health care providers to improve health outcomes for women, specifically focusing on maternal and infant health. Their role will include carrying out research into the key issues affecting maternal health care; identifying and implementing strategies to address specific health problems; supporting and promoting education and awareness-raising. They will work with healthcare institutions to assess current available clinical services and identifying areas where practice can be improved. They will support the development of research and the use of data in health care provision in the area.
• Empower women to actively participate in decision making within the household and wider community
• Empower women to take informed control of their own health and demand increase access to better quality maternal health provision
• Support inclusion of women in social auditing of health care • Support and train existing community health relay agents • Support community health providers to mainstream HIV awareness
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential requirements
• Medical, nursing or relevant public health degree level qualification (MBChB, MBBS, BSc, MPh)
• Clinical experience working within maternal health services or experience working within a
clinically focused public health role.
• Teaching, training and/or counseling experience • Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health (and preferably clinical experience)
TRAINING AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT Our training and support package covers the costs of being an overseas volunteer, allowing you to enjoy a modest but healthy lifestyle while you volunteer abroad. This includes:
• Attendance at a Cuso International assessment day (candidates must cover the first $150 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and accommodation costs).
• Travel and accommodation costs associated with pre-departure training. • Return airfare and visa/permit (this includes a return flight in the case of a family emergency). • Coverage for required vaccinations, medications and comprehensive health insurance. • Accommodation while overseas. • A modest living allowance, which varies depending on the country where you are placed. • Modest support for accompanying partners. • Quarterly payments to support you in your placement.
Please apply online, quoting referral code CMR0332/0004/0001 and the name of the placement.