Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $26 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com
The Customer Care Specialist is responsible:
- For providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers. This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, however mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer.
- Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action.
- Seeks to retain account and/or suggest and encourage use of other services and products.
- Depending on area may promote and sell products and/or services and enter or confirm sales.
- Responds in a timely manner.
- Follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
Overtime and/or Saturday hours may be required.
To review a video about our Assurant Specialty Property Hazard Service Center Operation, please click or copy/paste the following URL into a new browser window: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfRzEfCtCvg
: High school diploma/GED Knowledge and Skills
- Basic to intermediate computer skills, (ability to create and edit spreadsheets and emails)
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Works well in team environment and as an individual contributor
- Work well in a fast paced/high stress environment.
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task, including call handling, loan level review and call documentation within required metrics.
- Ability to relay accurate and detailed information to various parties via in-bound and out-bound telephone calls.
- Minimum 1 year customer service or related experience/education
- Preferred experience in insurance, banking, finance, mortgage lending or related experience
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers