Title: Director of Marketing - Orlando, FL
Location: United States of America- Florida-Orlando
Requisition ID: 1313180
Wyndham Vacation Ownership is the world's largest vacation ownership company with an impressive list of world-renowned destinations. We've grown and excelled by remaining true to our corporate values of integrity, accountability and exceptional customer service. It is the strong values and Count On Me! service promise of being respectful, being responsive and delivering great experiences exhibited by our team that continues to set us apart from the rest.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership's vision is to deliver a lifetime of memorable vacation experiences for our owners. This vision is supported by our mission statement which states:
* We embrace and live the Wyndham values by creating a supportive environment for employees to develop and prosper.
* We delight our customers by meeting their needs or exceeding their expectations.
* We are "memory makers".
Warm, thoughtful, gracious hospitality is our culture and through our Count on Me service philosophies; our employees strengthen their customer service skills for successful execution of signature service. In your role, you will help us deliver outstanding service and hospitality to our guests to ensure they have a memorable vacation while staying with our resorts each and every time.
We are looking for an energetic, hands on and results driven Director of Marketing that will play a critical role at our Orlando, FL locations. Your exceptional business acumen, strong strategic planning and analytical skills are highly desirable and an in-depth knowledge of Timeshare / Vacation Ownership Sales & Marketing is a must. A solid background in leading a team is essential.
The position will report directly to the VP of Marketing and be responsible for assisting and overseeing the operational functions required to support the following: Marketing Tour and Promotional Lead Generation, New and Existing Vendor Relations, Mini-Vacs, Regional Marketing Operations, Site In-House Marketing and site CMP programs. These may entail, but are not limited to: lead generation, contract negotiation, database management, legal submissions, legal compliance with TSR, cost control, performance tracking & reporting, efficiency management, product matrix management, and systems management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful person will execute the Marketing business objectives by doing the following:
• Work with site marketing teams to plan, implement and manage facilitation of marketing business plans.
• Streamline and optimize operational efficiencies through the evaluation and improvement of processes, procedures and technologies.
• Partner with site sales leaders to identify areas of improvement and implement best practices.
• Work with site sales leadership in managing performance factors, to include driving tour production, increasing financial performance and reviewing marketing program efficiencies.
• Effectively train and motivate new marketing personnel including supervisors and managers.
• Work with site Marketing leadership with guidelines on rollout of new programs, best practices and processes.
• Monitor and report performance of marketing at the site level, taking corrective action as required.
• Develop and implement written performance expectations for daily tasks, training reviews and counseling.
• Partner with Area Senior Leadership in Marketing Review submissions, Compensation Plan analysis and all other Marketing related analytics.
• Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with our Count On Me culture.
• Assist in the analysis of operational and financial improvements for the Marketing Program, Mini-Vac program, CMP Program, and New Owner development.
• Assist in managing any infrastructure changes as dictated by the business environment
• Work with In House Marketing leaders to monitor trends in penetration and identify areas of opportunity to increase penetration rates.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or other business discipline preferred
• 3-5 years of Marketing Leadership Management experience with a proven track record of success in the timeshare industry REQUIRED
• Customer service and problem resolution experience.
• Vendor relations experience and negotiation skills.
• Proactive individual with eye for efficiencies (i.e. business processes re-engineering).
• Extensive knowledge in analyzing and reporting on marketing campaigns and strategies.
• Skills and focus required to consistently meet and exceed budgeted goals.
• Strong organization skills and the ability to maintain accurate data and records
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite products - Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Must have excellent communication skills and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to handle simultaneous situations.
• Ability to handle departmental problems and situations.
• Must be able to work independently with a strong sense of urgency
• Enthusiastic mental attitude and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done correctly and efficiently
• Positive and upbeat attitude to ensure a great work environment
• Proactive individual with eye for efficiencies (i.e. business processes re-engineering)