As we build a Marketing Organization of the highest caliber, the potential for significant career growth at DISH is real. We are looking to once again transform the industry by bringing big ideas to life that emotionally connect with consumers. Led by James Moorhead, named 2010's Grand Marketer of the Year by AdWeek , we are a Fortune 200 company with over $400 million in reported marketing spend and are striving to triple our revenue over the next three years and become a powerhouse, Fortune 50 brand. We will do so by continually delivering the industries best TV experience via The Hopper, launching new businesses and building a world-class marketing organization. We work with some of most prestigious partners in the industry, whether it's Horizon Media NYC, whose founder Bill Koenigsberg was named Executive of the Year by Ad Age in 2012, BFG9000, our creative agency named by Ad Age as a top 10 Agency to Watch in 2012, we are committed to developing a team that will continue to be a disruptive force in the marketplace.
The future is now at DISH - with the recent FCC approval of the DISH Wireless Spectrum, you can be part of the team that changes entertainment forever as DISH enters the wireless business and becomes the only provider that can offer wireless voice, video and data. We invite you to learn more about who we are at dish.com . Join DISH's energized and agile marketing organization. Read the job description below, and learn what we're looking for. We look forward to meeting you. THE AREA: Brand Strategy (""Design"")
""The Consumer is the Path to Victory"" - Joe Clayton, CEO, DISH. Dish is embarking on an ambitious journey to deliver the most compelling TV watching experience by getting our product into the households of more and more consumers. To do this, we have created a Brand Design Team with the sole focus of transforming the company from technology to consumer led, establishing a brand building framework (Who, What, How) and elevating our advertising from feature focused to big ideas that inspire movements. We are seeking experienced brand builders who have passion for the consumer and advertising to transform our industry leading technology into breakthrough consumer communication. Requirements
A successful Sr. Assistant Brand Manager will have the following:
Responsibilities THE ROLE: Sr. Assistant Brand Manager- DishLATINO
- Proven leadership skills, a strategic mindset, a passion for innovation and agile responsiveness; minimum of 2 years experience in Brand Management
- Decisive & effective problem-solving ability. Sound analytical skills; both qualitative & quantitative. Detail orientation, strong organizational skills and project management experience.
- Creative and promotional mindset to effectively leverage programmer media properties. Proven communication and presentation skills: advanced ability to present & sell recommendations and to adjust presentations accordingly based on feedback. Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm & foster strategic thinking
- Understanding of creative development and the importance of creativity in marketing communications
- Proven experience in dealing directly with senior personnel. Ability to train and manage a team of mid to junior level personnel Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; and four plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Understanding of the different Hispanic consumers.
Marketing starts with a deep understanding of the consumer that leads to insights that inspire big ideas! The Sr. Assistant Brand Manager for DishLATINO will be responsible for leading the strategic choices and vision and unlocking these insights across the fastest growing segment at Dish. The DishLATINO subscription packages made up 17% of Dish's new subscribers in 2012 and DishLATINO is the brand leader among the growing Spanish Language programming segment. It has been connecting Hispanics to their cultural roots since 1999 and is well positioned to take advantage of the growing Hispanic population. You will lead a renewed definition of this consumer segment and fully understand their diverse needs, anticipate the future and ultimately create innovative strategies to win their devotion and grow market share. You will work closely with functional marketing teams, the general market brand design team and dedicated strategic agencies to guide the insights, communication and innovation pipeline to deliver breakthrough growth. You will with cross functional teams (programming, promotions etc) to drive the marketing plans with programmers as well as DishLATINO PR efforts.
The opportunities for growth and development are endless and growing rapidly. Your career progression depends entirely on you. You will have the opportunity to create an inspiring career path that builds skills across Digital, Direct Marketing, Sponsorships, Programmer Marketing, Retention Marketing, Media, Delivery and Customer Marketing. Are you ready to enter the fast moving, innovative entertainment category? Are you excited about changing the way consumers interact with TV, Data and Voice devices and technology? Are you inspired about building brands, big ideas and delighting the consumer? Then join us and start building a career in a world-class marketing organization!
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
Lead all aspects of the brand including the execution of the brand building framework, delivery of product and commercial innovation initiatives, working with multi-functional teams and agency partners and supporting the annual business review and marketing planning process for the company.
- Interface with our Design Brand Team, Product Development Team, Programmer Team and Customer Marketing Team.
- Support the marketing plans, identifying specific marketing tactics and delivering the overall business objectives and strategies.
- Enable record-breaking results, build a brand in the exciting entertainment industry and work with partners like Univision, beIN Sports, Teleformula, Cinelatino etc.
Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As the company continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it looks to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results.