More Jobs at Alaska Airlines
e-learning industry standards - Other duties as assigned - Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and...
Requirements and Business Analysts - Other duties as assigned - Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness...
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada...
This is an on-call position with a starting wage of $17.45/hour.
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies
throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada
and Mexico. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Eskimo painted on
the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we
pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering
renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national
and international recognition: Alaska has ranked "highest in customer
satisfaction among traditional network carriers" in J.D. Power and Associates'
North America Airline Satisfaction Study for the past SIX years. We've also
been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde
Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska is the dominant West Coast airline
and, together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 90
destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc.
(NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion.
- Perform drug test collection and alcohol testing in accordance with federal
and state laws and the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Determine types of test(s) required; interprets when to test or not test in
accordance with regulations and company policies
- Makes determinations, based on regulatory guidance, as to specimen validity
based on physical factors and donor actions
- Enforce direct-observation specimen collections as required
- Determine when to declare a ?refusal to test? based on regulatory
parameters and reports occurrences to Designated Employer Representative
- Process ID photos and manages the issuing of new company ID badges,
collection of replaced/expired ID badges and approval of security accesses to
meet Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, and TSA requirements
- Manages Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air fingerprinting programs (except
security functions) for all phases including compliance with TSA regulations
and financial management to ensure adequate funds in TSA account at all times
- Analyze complex work hours of varied employee groups and expected workload
in assisting with scheduling of own work hours based on business needs
- Provides expert testimony to any FAA, NTSB, state investigations and labor
hearings as required
- Guide frontline leaders in regard to drug and alcohol testing issues (i.e.
post accident, reasonable suspicion/cause, etc.), Federal regulations, and
company policies during on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend emergency
testing to include seven-days/24 hours coverage per rotation
- Develop and maintain processes to allow timely management of large amounts
of data ensuring highest level of confidentiality is protected
- Supports maintenance of databases to track applicant status, create
reports, and support annual audits by TSA and FAA
- Maintain supplies and equipment in office for testing, fingerprinting, and
- Provides administrative support including processing billing invoices, data
entry, office work, clerk duties, filing, organizing, etc.
- Maintains breath alcohol equipment accuracy check schedule
- Travel, including overnight stays on occasion
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism,
Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring
- College degree in related field or related work experience preferred
- Two years experience in a service oriented role required
- Two years previous drug and/or alcohol specimen collection experience
and/or medical experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of related Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air policies, 49
CFR Part 40, 14 CFR Part 121, and TSA security directives regarding employee
ID and fingerprinting/CHRCs preferred
- Knowledge of airline operations across all divisions including employee
- Knowledge of fingerprinting and employee ID systems preferred
- Knowledge of multiple computer applications including Microsoft Office
products, FileMaker Pro, Peoplesoft, Maestro, AIMS, Image/Sabre, Gatesheet, MS
- Trained and qualified to perform DOT drug test collections and alcohol
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, required
- Excellent organizational skills, required - Ability to maintain strict
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, including early mornings,
late evenings, weekends, holidays, overnight stays, and on-call duties
- Ability to conduct training and facilitate presentations required
- Ability to be very detail orientated required
- Demonstrated high efficiency and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential data required
- Regular attendance and punctuality required
- Enthusiastic and energetic attitude
- Physical ability to handle objects up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to
40 pounds occasionally required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18 required
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For those on-call employees working more than ten hours per month, our company
offers a generous employee travel program. Furthermore, each day we are guided
by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and
Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a
diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: Thursday, August 1, 2013
Internet Explorer 8 or above, running on Windows, is the browser that is
strongly recommended to successfully submit your application. If you choose to
use another browser, your application may not come through successfully.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including
your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you
apply to the position.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the
previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.