MillerCoors is built upon a foundation of more than 288 years of brewing heritage. It is a legacy driven by our founders to brew the highest quality beers, and a commitment that continues today. Our vision is to create America's best beer company by driving profitable growth. And we insist on building our brands the right way through quality brewing, responsible marketing, and a commitment to sustainable development and community investments. We're building a true team of highly talented people. People who are passionate about the beer business, who love to win and have a desire to learn, and who always aim to amaze customers by doing the little things that make a big difference. Posting Job Description
Provides brewery leadership and teams with useful and accurate financial information. Partners with business owners to understand the underlying business processes to insure that appropriate internal controls are in place and that the business activity is recorded in accordance with GAAP. Delivers MillerCoors accounting, budgeting and control policies, procedures and processes at the department level while supporting brewery level finance as identified. Is responsible for TTB/SOX compliance and data integrity.
Is responsible for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, programs and related MillerCoors Quality Management System including SQF, HACCP and GMP to ensure safety and quality of MillerCoors products.1. Prepares and reports TTB/SOX compliance and data integrity:
- Prepares required TTB reports and remains current with TTB tax compliance rules and regulations.
- Is gatekeeper for ensuring TTB and SOX data integrity/compliance inclusive of alternating premise requirements.
- Maintains internal processes regarding record retention of all documents defined by TTB compliance regulations and SOX requirements.
- Ensures timely resolution of data integrity issues and reports possible issues.
- Investigates and prepares responses, actions and follow up to TTB compliance issues.
2. Prepares, analyzes, and reviews periodic financial performance with customer departments:
3. Coaches, educates and leads teams in understanding performance of financial indicators:
- Develops, coordinates, analyzes and reviews actual financial performance.
- Prepares weekly/monthly financial reporting and reviews costs and variances.
- Delivers and supports budget/financial forecasting.
- Develops financial reporting and analysis skills for client departments including financial ratio analysis and valuation models (i.e. break-even and NPV).
- Analyzes financial data and performance to identify and support opportunities for improvement.
- Recommends and drives solutions.
- Develops tools, reporting, and processes to maximize team performance.
- Drives actionable next steps through cost deep dives.
- Leverages financial expertise to drive sound decision making in customer departments.
4. Supports and facilitates annual financial planning process:
- With support from department personnel and brewery controller, delivers, supports, and facilitates the completion of the yearly budget.
- Delivers/supports yearly budget planning, execution and reporting.
- Reviews and analyzes the components in the financial planning process (standards calculations and overall department budget process) and their impact on the company financial statements (balance sheet, P&L, and cash flow).
5. Supports team performance and creates a culture of employee engagement:
Preferred Qualifications Education level and/or Experience:
- Models Critical Success Factors and MillerCoors Manufacturing Way work principles and practices.
- Encourages and influences teams and employees to recommend, implement and transfer knowledge on new ideas, shared learnings, and best practices to optimize operations.
- Follows all performance, talent, and career management processes.
- Manages individual development plan.
- Supports and participates in structured communications.
- Effectively coaches and communicates and recognizes the right behaviors and outputs and builds effective partnerships across the brewery network.
- Mentors, supports and coaches team members
Skills and/or Knowledge:
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA or MBA preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in accounting.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing operations.
- High level of understanding of the following computer applications: SAP, MS Excel, MS Access.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with many different personalities and levels of education and experience.
- Strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency in resolving issues. Good follow-up skills.
- Self starter, able to work with little to no supervision while leveraging financial expertise to drive sound decision making in customer departments.
- Ability to influence others.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
Willingness to work outside of functional department
We are passionate about beer and the beer business. We’re focused on creating big ideas and innovations that drive profitable growth and will help create a new era in the American beer industry. We stand behind our values of alcohol responsibility, environmental sustainability, community and ethical business practices. Add it up and you’ll see we’re dedicated to creating America’s best beer company.
Great People Changing The Way America Enjoys Beer
It takes great people to make great beer, and we know it takes passion, creativity and talent in every area of our business to create America’s best beer company. Our team is comprised of highly talented individuals who are diverse, dedicated, creative, inclusive and passionate.MillerCoors recognizes the need for a diverse and highly-skilled workforce and supports the growth of diversity in many ways. We actively participate in talent-sourcing with diverse and national organizations, partner with more than 300 diverse suppliers, and support the communities where we live, work, and sell our beer. Our Workplace philosophy is simple: Contribute your best with confidence, grow your career, and together help to create America’s best beer company.