Heavy Equipment Operator (WA)Heavy Equipment Operator (WA)
Company Order Number: HEO0711
# of openings: 2
Heavy Equipment Operator (WA)
Federal Contractor with multi-state construction operations is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Heavy Equipment Operator. This position will operate a variety of contractor construction equipment. The equipment is of various sizes and weights in loading, hauling and unloading of equipment, materials and supplies. Additional labor activities will be involved in performing other duties as assigned. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing stable SBA 8(a) company.
For this position, Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Proficiently and safely operate trucks and construction or power equipment, such as hydraulic excavator, dozer, front-end loader, backhoe, man-lift, mechanized broom, road grader, skid steer, etc.;
* Engages hand or wheel controls and depresses pedals to drive machines as well as control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers and swing booms.
* Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor;
* Complete company paperwork properly and timely;
* Properly follow company, EM 385-1-1 requirements and OSHA safety procedures;
* Performs other assigned duties as required.
Requirements for the position include the following:
* High School Diploma or GED;
* 5 Years hands on experience in operation of listed equipment;
* A current state drivers license, preferably a CDL;
* Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations;
* Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in Heavy and Civil construction work;
* Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions with weights ranging around 75 pounds;
* Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards;
Highly desirable qualifications for the position include the following:
* 40 Hr HAZWOPER training;
* 8 Hr HAZWOPER Refresher training, if applicable;
* 10 Hr or 30 Hr OSHA Construction Safety training.
This position and employment offer is contingent upon the verification of information on background check, availability of work and adherence to applicable company programs, procedures and policies.
An Equal Opportunity Employer