We're sorry... This job has expired or been removed. It may have been filled or removed for some other reason. For your reference the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Human Resource Advisor
The American Red Cross has been there to provide lifesaving blood for those in need for more than 50 years. Today more than ever, we need your HR knowledge and talent to deliver of a wide range of HR Services to the employees and managers of specific business units of the American Red Cross.
This position can be located at our facilities in Missouri or Iowa and will provide HR support for Idaho, Montana, North & South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, & Illinois.
The HR Advisor is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of HR Services to the employees and managers of specific business units of the American Red Cross. Major responsibilities are to serve as the HR consultant to client groups and employees. Provide consistent HR support to clients and employees on day-to-day issues and inquiries. Partners with colleagues to deliver HR programs including organizational design, development and training activities, employee relations, and performance management to managers and employees to ensure they are equipped to meet the organization's business goals and mission.
• Responsible for partnering and facilitating all HR Service Delivery initiatives to assigned business units within a geographic area. Key areas include employee relations, coaching, organizational design, HR training, performance management
• Consult with client groups on application/interpretation of laws and regulations, HR policies, performance issues, transfer, terminations and promotions
• Coach managers on employee problem resolution and performance management
• Proactively provide consistent HR support to clients on day-to-day issues and inquiries, and answer non-routine requests for information and policy interpretation
• Monitor employee climate to identify issues/trends
• Present/lead HR driven training sessions/workshops to include performance management, succession/workforce planning, compensation/benefits, organization/team development, and change management to assigned client groups
• Ensure compliance with established internal HR policies and procedures and regulatory requirements and conduct periodic audits, as needed/required
• Maintain a knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
• Manage specific projects as determined by the HR Senior Leadership Team and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
• Foster and maintain strong internal relationships with key HR and business leaders
Qualifications: Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, organizational development, or a related degree
or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in Human Resources, including in-depth experience in employee relations and delivering
on a wide range of HR initiatives across a large organization
• Business and financial acumen, as well as general HR functional knowledge
• Broad knowledge of employment law, compensation and organizational development
• Experience managing in a highly matrixed environment
• Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal, and project management skills
• Knowledge of HRIS systems, basic HR measurement, and process improvement techniques required
• Degree in Human Resources or PHR/SPHR preferred
At The American Red Cross, our humanitarian mission connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. We are committed to ensuring that our people, programs, and services reflect the diversity of the people and communities we serve. By joining the Red Cross, you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Our dedicated staff are crucial to the Red Cross and the delivery of our mission.