We're sorry... This job has expired or been removed. It may have been filled or removed for some other reason. For your reference the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
HVAC Mechanic (C) Afghanistan
Honeywell International is a $34 billion diversified technology and
manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 115,000 employees in
95 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation
and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a $12 billion strategic business
group (SBG). Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated
avionics, propulsion engines, aircraft and engine systems and full-service
solutions for our customers. The business is organized into three strategic
business units to serve the needs of Aerospace manufacturers and end users
in three key industry segments:
* Air Transport & Regional
* Business & General Aviation
* Defense & Space
With operations at nearly 100 worldwide manufacturing and service sites,
Honeywell Aerospace strives to enhance customer value by making flight
safer, more reliable and more cost-effective. Our vision is to transform
the world with Aerospace technology and innovative people. In the air and
on the ground, Honeywell's Aerospace products can be found on virtually
every type of aircraft in use, in nearly every region of the world.
Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc., (HTSI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of
Honeywell headquartered in Columbia, MD with annual revenues of
approximately $800M. We are a recognized leader in delivering engineering,
information, logistics and professional services to clients in the space,
defense, logistics and information technology markets. HTSI has been active
in every NASA mission since 1958, and provides services to the U.S.
military, the Department of Energy, and the U.S. Geological Survey at
locations around the world.
This position is located in Afghanistan.
Install, operate, and make organizational and intermediate level repairs on
heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems, to include
automotive, for all ground operations and equipment. These duties include
but are not limited to:
* Installing refrigerating systems according to engineering
* Recovery and recycling specified gases or fluids into systems
* Dismantling and testing malfunctioning systems using electrical,
mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment; and repairing systems by
replacing or adjusting defective and worn parts.
* Other duties as assigned
* HS diploma or equivalent.
* Four (4) years directly related experience.
* Must have a basic maintenance knowledge of all Marine Corps portable
systems and portable A/C systems from .75 to 10 tons, to include an
understanding of A/C planning and setup.
* Must not present a direct threat to the safety and health of the workers
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds unaided.
* US Citizen. Proof required.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a U.S. Passport.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
* Valid state Motor Vehicle Operator License with clean MVR.
* Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and
time schedules applicable to this position.
* Working knowledge of requisitioning requirements utilizing appropriate
Stock List, Parts Manuals, etc.
* Ability to detect faulty items, determine cause of malfunction, and
determine best repair methods.
* Ability to assemble, disassemble, repair, or modify components and
* Ability to read and interpret parts lists, manufacturers' repair manuals,
diagrams, and electrical
* Thorough understanding of the principles of operation and required
repairs of HVAC systems.
* Thorough working knowledge in the proper utilization of test equipment,
diagnostic equipment, and
special tools to cause repairs.
* It is mandatory that employees live on base, aboard a military
* Must be willing and able to travel (military airlift) and work in other
countries in the region of the Middle
* In addition to meeting Honeywell employment requirements, the United
States Marine Corps has
minimal standards of fitness for deployment. Your continued employment is
contingent upon your being
approved for deployment by the United States Marine Corps, in accordance
with their policies and
* Must be willing and able to work in extreme temperatures.
* This duration of this position is approximately 6 months, which is
subject to change based on customer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.