Xerox is the world's leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces - from small businesses to large global enterprises - to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit www.xerox.com, www.news.xerox.com, www.realbusiness.com or www.xerox.com/businessservices.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Support the company's vision for professional, decisive, and effective Incident Management and Problem Management. This position is an escalation/coordination point for all mission-critical and/or SLA affecting Incidents impacting Xerox Business Services and its Clients. This is a highly visible position to senior executive management.
Monitor restoration progress of all major Incidents across the enterprise; engage in, take ownership of, and drive restoration for any critical business impacting service interruption. Engage any internal or external resources needed to quickly restore service. Lead and/or follow-up with support team personnel on investigations of critical, cross-functional problems in an IT environment. Track and report on root cause and corrective/preventive action plan completion. Regularly interact with Senior Management, clients and others to improve Xerox processes, procedures, and methods. Adhere to departmental policies/procedures. Attend all applicable daily review meetings. Generate requested or required reports for customers and Senior Management.
Education and Typical Years of Experience:
Bachelor's degree/technical certification in Computer Science or related field.
10 years of broad technical understanding of the following Data Center systems and services: Mainframe, Midrange, Network, Storage and backup systems, with deep technical understanding in at least two of the areas. Technical certifications (MCSE, etc.) a plus. Experience working in a 24x7x365 multi-shift Data Center environment, including 5 years of management/supervisory experience. ITIL v2, v3 or ISO20000; Project Management certification/experience is preferred.
- Possess and demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Demonstrate concise problem determination skills.
- Possess a true ""Sense of Urgency"" to facilitate prompt Incident resolution.
- Possess excellent ""Critical Thinking"" skills.
- Possess strong customer focus and service orientation.
- Possess excellent communication, networking, and influencing skills including the ability to manage across all management and organizational levels, regional, global, and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems requiring diagnosis, testing and judgment of which approach or procedure is most appropriate.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills to provide concise Incident & Problem summary and status information to line of business stakeholders, Management (technical and non-technical) and field any questions posed.
- Ability to organize, host and lead meetings, conference calls and collaboration forums.
- Able to assign action items/work, follow-up on assignment status, monitor quality, and review output from support personnel.
- Ability to work rotating shifts (including weekends).
- Availability to provide on-call support.
- May be requested to occasionally travel.
- Desktop application (Windows/Office) proficiency.
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org