Responsible for tracking inventory and maintaining accurate inventory records and able to research any discrepancies. Display a strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, the location of product, and the lay-out of the warehouse, slot location, lost sales, mispicks, pack size and all other applicable product information
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Monitors product velocity and tracks lost sales and in-house damages.
- Researches inventory adjustments and maintain high service levels (low out of stock).
- Initiates date checks, periodic cycle counts ( 3 months in grocery and repack and every 3-4 weeks in cooler/freezer) as well as quality checks.
- Researches mis-slots and quality issues, verifies pick slots and back stock verification.
- Corrects with all pre-wave or master replenishment problems.
- Participates in year-end physical inventory.
- Collaborates with Purchasing on pack size and other product file issues.
- Alerts management of potential safety problems or violations.
- Troubleshoots daily Inventory Control issues.
- Tracks expiration dates (particularly cooler/freezer items).
- Tracks food bank and salvaged product.
- Coordinates new items and changes in pack size, product description and discontinued product.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Maintain slot and item specific slotting criteria, slot location types, Ti/HI's
- Work the Pending Discontinued Product and zero reports
- Inventory Control functions are completed accurately in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Deadlines are met.
- High School Diploma/GED Certification and/or equivalent related experience.
- Accounting degree desirable
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Understanding of applicable Bakco functions.
- Understanding of all paperwork and reporting methods related to tracking inventory.
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Capability of being licensed in operating powered industrial equipment
- Strong communications skills; both written and oral applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be motivated and take initiative.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to be detail oriented and manage multiple tasks.