American Progress has an immediate opening for a Microsoft system administrator/network operations specialist, capable of operating in a demanding environment and learning on the fly. Applicants must be individuals following the latest developments in technology in areas such as information security, virtualization, cloud base services, and web hosting.
- Security and operations support for web technology and information technology groups, focusing on the Network and Microsoft portions of CAP’s infrastructure.
- Involvement in design and development of CAP’s network and Microsoft infrastructure.
- Maintaining documentation for systems and procedures under area of responsibility.
- Strong communications skills: Must be able to communicate in a professional manner in person, on the phone, and in written correspondence.
- Strong technical writing and drawing skills: Must have experience maintaining documentation using a variety of tools.
- Strong skills with Microsoft server and desktop platforms: Must be familiar with the cutting edge of Microsoft’s product suite.
- Basic Linux skills: Proficiency with sh/bash scripting, and preferably perl and/or python. Capable of using security tools such as the Backtrack suite.
- Experience with cloud services: Salesforce, Microsoft Active Directory Federated Services, Office 365, and Amazon AWS preferred.
- Experience with virtual machines and network storage: VMWare, Citrix preferred.
- Experience with enterprise IP routing: JunOS and IOS. Experience with multi-homed/multi-hop networks using BGP preferred.
- Experience with enterprise Wi-Fi implementations: Xirrus preferred.
- Experience with Security Gateways/Firewalls: Juniper/Netscreen and PaloAlto preferred. Must be capable of managing a security policy with 15+ security zones and complex inter-zone policies.
- Experience with VPNs: IPSec site-to-site and road warrior SSL-VPN.
- Experience with IDS/IPS technology: Snort, Bro, etc.
- Experience with SIEM: LogRhythm preferred. Must be able to leverage SIEM for both security and operations support.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center: Must be able to deploy software with SCCM and utilize SCOM for monitoring and alerting.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management: Nessus, Rapid7 NeXpose preferred.
- Experience with advanced endpoint security: Application whitelisting solutions such as Bit9 Parity Suite preferred.
- Must be able to conduct network analysis/forensics using a variety of tools such as Wireshark, Netwitness Investigator, tcpdump, and Lancope.
- Bachelor’s degree in information assurance, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Microsoft administrator.
- At least four years of relevant work experience.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.