POSITION SUMMARY :
The primary function of this position is to perform ICD9-CM HCC coding of Matrix Health Assessments. This position will review and analyze medical documentation, and assign ICD-9 codes which determine reimbursement and enter ICD9-CM codes into computer tracking system (CATT and/or ACES). POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information.
- Support and participate in process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Enter codes into computer applications supporting different medical plans(ACES or CATT).
- Research codes and medical terminology.
- Abstract ICD9-CM codes from handwritten charts and electronic medical records.
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties as necessary.
High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
Certified Medical Coder (CPC, CCA, CCS) with high degree of competence in this area with 2 years experience.
Certified through AAPC or AHIMA.
Required Skills and Abilities :
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding guidelines, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability regarding barriers to receiving and validating accurate HCC information.
- Knowledge of HCC auditing concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and policy compliance issues related to medical coding and documentation.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with the use of of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and internet research.
Supervisory Responsibility : No supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements : No travel required. Work Conditions:
General office environment. The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
Matrix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Make a Difference. Make a Change.
Matrix Medical Network is one of the fastest-growing health care services companies in the country. By providing insightful and compassionate in-home prospective health assessments, Matrix Nurse Practitioners are helping seniors throughout the country receive better care.
We are looking for Adult, Family and Geriatric Nurse Practitioners who have a passion for using their skills and talents to help seniors receive quality care.
Matrix Nurse Practitioners enjoy:
• Competitive salaries
• Medical, dental & vision plans
• Generous allocation of paid personal time off
• 401(k) match
• Flexible work schedules
• CME Reimbursement
• Autonomous practice
We look forward to having you as a member of our team!