Myriad Genetics is looking for a highly motivated individual candidate to work as 2nd
shift Boutique Lab Supervisor in Clinical Diagnostics laboratory performing robotics operation, formulation and patients' testing. The Supervisor will lead a team of technicians, making sure the operations are performed as documented by trained personnel and to ensure accurate reporting. Also leads identification and implementation of process improvements. Work schedule: M-F, 3pm-11pm
- Hiring, development and retention of qualified staff members
- Planning, including staffing, scheduling and ordering of materials, to ensure the department's ability to meet the companywide production goals.
- Annually evaluating and documenting the performance of all testing personnel
- Serve as a trainer on technical processes both within and between groups
- Ensuring laboratory compliance with technical, operational, administrative and safety policies
- Development and implementation of departmental technical procedures in accordance with the laboratory's policies and procedures
- Ensuring participation of all department personnel in the laboratory's quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities
- Being available to testing personnel at all times during testing and be able to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with the laboratory's policies and procedures.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification
- Work with Clinical Scientist to lead, support and promote process improvement initiatives and Lean activities
- Meets the requirement for testing personnel
- Meets one of the following minimum education requirements:
- Doctorate (Ph.D., M.D. or D.O.) in medicine, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 2 years of clinical laboratory experience or,
- Master's in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science with 3 years of clinical laboratory experience or,
- Bachelor's in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science, with 4 years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Has an aptitude for troubleshooting
- Exercises sound judgment
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
Myriad Genetics is a leading molecular diagnostic company making a difference in patient’s lives through to discovery and commercialization of transformative molecular diagnostic products which assess a person’s risk of
developing disease and guide treatment decisions and assess risk of disease progression and recurrence. We believe in improving the healthcare management of patients by providing physicians and patients with critical
information across multiple medical specialties that addresses unmet medical needs.
With fiscal year 2012 annual revenue of approximately $500 million and over 1,200 employees, Myriad is focusing on strategic initiatives, including new test introductions, companion diagnostics, and international expansion,
to take advantage of significant growth opportunities.