Fort Lauderdale Police Department - Fort Lauderdale, FL
This is a highly responsible position within the City of Fort Lauderdale that involves networking with the community and the protection of life and property. This is accomplished through patrol work, criminal investigation, community policing and enforcement of the laws of the State of Florida and the Ordinances of the City of Fort Lauderdale. Assignments may typically involve routine motor patrol, motorcycle traffic enforcement, boats, bicycle or foot patrol. Officers receive assignments and instructions from police officers of a higher rank and perform work in accordance with Department policies and standard operating procedures.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
These are the minimum requirements to test for the position. A background investigation will be conducted as part of the testing process to determine if the “moral character” of the candidate is appropriate for employment as a police officer. “Moral character” is determined by examination of the life experiences of the candidate including, but not limited to, the following listed factors.
1. Be a United States citizen at time of application.
2. Be at least 19 years of age upon appointment.
3. Possess, or be eligible to obtain, a Florida driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
4. Be of good moral character and never have been convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement, or have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States. Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to, or is found guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, in spite of suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
5. Have graduated from a standard high school or possess an equivalent education. Graduation from the United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) or possession of a General Equivalency Diploma is acceptable only when accompanied by transcript of grades. Out-of-state GED or USAFI must be acceptable by State of Florida Police Standards Council.
A written test, physical agility and swim test are required prior to submitting your application. www.flpdjobs.com