Title: Process Specialist Accountant
Process Specialist Accountant provides intermediate level reconciliation of all financial activities that support all clients financial reporting as well as cash receipts activities for the client including but not limited to bank deposits, suspense refunds, and accounting related to cash management functions.
- Reconciles client cash or cash equivalent collections processed by systems or manual for insurance premium and annuity payments in the form of checks, electronic fund transfers and credit card transactions interfacing to the client’s custodial bank accounts.
- Tracking and reconciliation for incoming client monies.
- Check banks for incoming wires.
- Reconciles client policy or contract disbursement activity in the form of checks, electronic fund transfers and credit card transactions interfacing to the client’s custodial bank accounts.
- Reconciles financial transactions generated by VPAS® to the clients general ledger.
- Reconciles client credit card fees and other miscellaneous banking activities.
- Reconciles Premium Suspense Accounts.
- Identifies root causes for reconciling items, communicate to the processing units for corrective actions and monitors until items are cleared.
- Completes reports and distributes either daily, weekly or monthly.
- Responsible for back-up of other BPO Financial Services Reconciliation Unit processes.
- Assist management on special projects.
- Perform all work in an accurate and timely manner to successfully meet client services requirements outlined in our Service Level Agreement.
- At least (3) years of experience in account reconciliations
- At least three (3) years of accounting experience in cash management.
- At least (3) years of experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger accounting.
- Must have intermediate to advanced level of Excel and Word experience
- Insurance and securities knowledge would be an added plus.
- Must be committed to maintaining confidentiality
- Must be able to work independently with minimum direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred)