Evaluates customer request for quotation requirements and specifications. Directs activities concerned with quoting and sale of products.
* Job Description*
· Conceptualizes the application for the quotation and integrates our products where applicable.
· Validates that our product offering will meet the RFQ requirement; if not, creates an offering with properly documented deviations.
· Technically writes up proposals using standard quote processes.
· Compiles data for preparing estimates, using Product Cost Workbook and various data bases in conjunction with product/application history and knowledge of the organization.
· Reviews bids for conformity to contract requirements or Terms and Conditions.
· Evaluates offering and estimates risk. If risk is a concern sets up internal review.
· Assist sales in the pricing process by contributing information of history, blankets, and competition.
· Ensures local or international standards have been accounted.
· If a large quote, develop action plans, communication, resources and scheduling to complete tasks on time.
· Provide technical support and proper product selection for all of our products and how best to interface to customer applications.
· Work with several layers of customers, sales, distribution and end users.
10+ years of working within the automotive industry, preferable in estimating, quoting or proposal
* Knowledge:* Bachelor’s degree from a University preferably in Engineering, Business or related discipline.
* Personality Requirements:*
Fluent computer skills with various programs and databases
Ability to effectively interface with personnel at all levels
Analytical, self starter
Atlas Copco Tool & Assembly is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, veteran status, disability, religion, national origin or any other category protected by law.