The nursing division of Jackson Healthcare, Jackson Nurse Professionals, is currently seeking a licensed Psychiatric (PSYCH) Travel Nurse with more than two years of experience for a contract position at a state-of-the-art facility where expert physicians and nurses tend to the needs of patients with mental disabilities or disorders and enable them to function and lead a normal life. Why Nurses Choose Jackson Healthcare:
Primary Psychiatric Nurse Responsibilities:
- Third largest healthcare staffing firm in the U.S. serving more than five million patients nationwide.
- Featured on Atlanta Business Chronicle's ""Best Places to Work"" list for six consecutive years.
- Exclusive job offers at state-of-the-art facilities in the locations you want.
- License and CEU Reimbursements.
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage on day one of your assignment.
- 401k investment services with a company matching contribution.
- Housing, transportation, and credential management at no cost to our nurses.
- Ongoing referral bonuses through our Referral Rewards Program.
- Certified by The Joint Commission for our commitment to high standards of healthcare quality.
- Communicate with doctors, social services and other mental health professionals develop a treatment plan as well reporting their observations in a timely manner.
- Diagnose patients' mental condition and assess the best treatment plan for the illness.
- Provide counseling to patients that are distressed or troubled.
- Encourage trust to enable better progress.
- Administer medications and treatment.
- Monitor patients and document the developments observed.
- Educate patients and family on post-treatment care.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Current state license in good standing with the State License Board.
- Registered Nurse with 2+ years of experience with at least one year of PSYCH experience.
- At minimum, current BLS required (certifications vary by location - job may require ACLS).
- Current medical certifications issued by the American Heart Association.
- Current state, contract, and Joint Commission-required competency tests and credentials.
A proud member of the Jackson Healthcare family, America’s third largest healthcare staffing company, Jackson Nurse Professionals is proud to be one of America’s top ten largest Travel Nurse staffing companies (Staffing Industry Analysts, 2013). Our success is not an accident; with hundreds of travelers throughout 50 states, Jackson Nurse provides nurses of all specialties to hospitals, home health agencies, surgery centers and other healthcare clinics.
The company specializes in Critical Care (CCU/ICU), Emergency Room (ER), Labor & Delivery (L&D), Operating Room (OR) and Telemetry (Tele) nurses. Jackson Nurse has continues to maintain the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission and we focus on building long lasting relation