Position Summary: Develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure Vanguard’s standards are met.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills for efficient management mandatory.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; self-confident and organized team player.
- Problem analysis and critical problem resolution skills; with ability to recommend stop of production when errors are found, implementing corrective action to gain desired quality.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise final inspectors to ensure standards are met.
- Develop, collect and analyze production samples, statistical data and product specifications to determine standards.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with plant manager to maximize productivity with quality standards.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Communicate quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management and staff.
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, and quality trends.
- Participate in the development of product specifications and mock-ups to ensure error-free.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of related experience required; furniture quality control, quality improvement processes.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook & AS400.
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Sitting for extended periods of time due to computer work.
- Standing/walking for extended periods of time in manufacturing facility.