We're sorry... This job has expired or been removed. It may have been filled or removed for some other reason. For your reference the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
R&D RF Design Engineer
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics is currently looking for a RF/Microwave Design
Engineer to support its R&D and new business pursuits. Successful candidate
needs an understanding of System level issues involved with RF/Microwave
Design for receiver circuits (PLL, Synthesizer, Oscillator, Mixer, LNA) and
Power Amplifiers at 300 MHz to 30 GHz. Designer will use simulation tools
such as Microwave Office, as well as RF/Microwave test equipment. Knowledge
of Component Design to include amplifiers, filters, mixers, oscillators and
switches consisting of using test equipment to measure S-parameters, noise
figure, intercept point, compression point, switching speed, spurious and
phase noise on electrical circuits, components and integrated microwave
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 Communications (NYSE: LLL) is the 6th
largest Defense Contractor, employs approximately 61,000 people worldwide,
and is a prime contractor in aircraft modernization and maintenance,
Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and
Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems and government services. L-3 is also a
leading provider of high technology products, subsystems and systems. The
company reported 2011 sales of 15.2 billion.
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics (CE) is a Division of L-3 Communications and is
located in Mason, Ohio near Cincinnati. CE is an established pioneer in
space exploration and military/defense technology. A leader in high
technology and engineering services, CE is world renowned for its expertise
in the areas of infrared detection and space & missile electronics. As a
first-rank engineering and production company, CE is engaged in the design,
development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment
that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and
* Develop concepts for new RF/Microwave products, including concept
development, breadboard, and prototype
* Communicate new technical concepts effectively in face to face
meetings with customers
* Effectively communicate technical concepts in written proposals
* Understand, quantify, and plan engineering efforts for new business
pursuits relating to RF/Microwave projects
* Serve as project engineer responsible for coordinating aspects of the
project to meet technical, schedule and cost goals.
* Design, test, and troubleshoot RF/Microwave sub-systems, integrated
microwave assemblies and components including using circuit analysis
tools such as MWO.
* Evaluate, develop, and document new circuit and/or design techniques.
* Perform technical analysis/feasibility for new product specifications
evaluate customer specifications and support cost/technical proposal
* Guide technicians on test, tune, debug and optimization of prototype
circuits and components to meet specification requirements and
manufacturing produce-ability requirements.
* Schedule development projects, including process development, fixture
design and implementation, material procurement and customer
interface (design reviews).
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
Computer Science, Physics, Systems Engineering, or a related
engineering degree. Masters Degree Preferred.
* Five (5) years of related experience in designing, testing and
troubleshooting RF/Microwave sub-systems integrated microwave
assemblies and components: working knowledge of electronics including
power and RF theory; RF/Microwave parameters & test procedures.
* Excellent Communication Skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent proposal writing skills
* Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows
and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability
to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and
drawing-viewing programs such CAD or CAE, preferred
* Experience with RF/Microwave Design for receiver circuits (PLL,
Synthesizer, Oscillator, Mixer, LNA) and Power Amplifiers at 300 MHz
to 30 GHz.
* Time Management & Organizational skills: ability to plan effectively
using different tools; flexibility and adaptability to changing
priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;