We're sorry... This job has expired or been removed. It may have been filled or removed for some other reason. For your reference the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Receiving Clerk/Material Handler
Cequent Consumer Products
Job Title: Receiving Clerk/Material Handler
Date Revised: 10/3/2013
Location: Fairfield, IA
Reports To: Distribution Center Receiving Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly
Summary: The Receiving Clerk will safely use material handling equipment to receive and move materials to accurately make transactions in the warehouse and within the ERP system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Timely unloading and movement of materials in the warehouse
• Verify accuracy of the part numbers and quantities of items received against the freight bills and related documents
• Process paperwork and perform data entry related to inbound shipments
• Resolve any discrepancies
• Perform the transactions and movements of materials physically and in the ERP system
• Schedule inbound shipments and containers with the freight companies
• Stage materials for production
• Complete daily paperwork
• Maintain a clean work environment
• Comply with all company policies, regulations and safety procedures
• High School diploma or GED
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong skills using Microsoft Office software (including Excel ) and a working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems inventory software and / or ERP systems.
• Regularly required to stand, walk. Often operates forklift equipment and performs physical lifting/lowering. Required to use computer, possess visual acuity essential to examine and prepare documents. Perform job duties in both an office and a warehouse environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong math skills
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to learn or knowledge of ERP systems and use of a scanner
• Good communication skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Material handling license (or must obtain within 30 days of hire)
• Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
• Ability to work 8-10 hours while standing, lifting, reaching and walking