The position is responsible for compliance to environmental requirements regarding storm water, water, waste water, ammonia, on site hazardous materials, and any remediation.
- Prepare and maintain a calendar for environmental reports due across the network with advance notice provided to responsible parties.
- Inspect the location/program and review all documents required prior to submission of required reports.
- Inform management of any nonconformance.
- Establish and ensure process compliance to environmental risk reduction.
- Keep abreast of EPA laws and regulations.
- Help develop spill prevention programs and hazardous waste rules and regulations.
- Recommend corrective actions for spills and contamination.
- Establish training needs, solution and conduct training/education at plant locations.
- Review PSM status and make recommendations.
- Report violations
- Examine permits, licenses, applications, and records to ensure compliance.
- Inspect waste pretreatment, treatment, and disposal facilities and systems.
- Interview individuals where suspected violations occur.
- Determine extent of violation and report as may be required by government agencies.
- Return to sites where corrective actions were determined to ascertain if compliance has been restored.
- Analyze flow meter readings and chemical levels.
- Confirm hazardous chemicals are handled, stored, and disposed of in accordance with regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology or Chemistry
Minimum five (5) years industry experience
Travel approximately 30%
Borden Dairy is one of the largest and most recognized brands in the dairy industry. We have been nurturing families with our great tasting, premium dairy products for over 150 years. Our commitment to quality, freshness, and great service is our way of showing our family pride. Our consumers know they can serve our wholesome dairy products to their families with confidence and be proud to be a part of the Borden Tradition.