This position is classified as a non-exempt position and is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities include performing daily audit reviews for company and distributor routes ensuring all hand held import files and ticket detail are uploaded timely and accurately into company’s financial systems. Applicant must be organized and detailed oriented. Experience working with route settlement in a retail, wholesale, or shared services environment helpful.
All matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but are not listed below. Also, Borden Dairy Management may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
- Perform daily audit review for company routes ensuring that all hand held import files uploaded timely and accurately into company’s financial systems. This includes ending inventory, sales, route deposits, route o/s total, adjustments for load errors and verification of dump totals.
- Perform daily audit review for distributor routes ensuring all ticket information was processed timely and accurately into company’s financial systems.
- Verify all proof of delivery (POD’s) documents for store stamped tickets and/or back store paperwork is received daily.
- Resolve all route o/s balances daily.
- Communicate with distribution route supervisors at branch locations via phone, email or fax to resolve route discrepancies.
- Prepare payroll deduction (PRD’s) adjustment information for cash and/or product shortages as needed for management approval.
- Must be able to multi-task in a busy office setting.
- Perform other accounting and miscellaneous duties as requested by management.
Qualifications and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least one year of experience with, general ledger codes, EXCEL, internet and Adobe reader ; Route Settlement processing experience is preferred
- Must have experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have solid experience in 10-key and mathematical skills.
- Must have the ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- ROSS, AS400 and /or green screen experience required.
- ROSS and/or SAP financial system knowledge will be beneficial.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) communication skills are a plus.
Borden Dairy is one of the largest and most recognized brands in the dairy industry. We have been nurturing families with our great tasting, premium dairy products for over 150 years. Our commitment to quality, freshness, and great service is our way of showing our family pride. Our consumers know they can serve our wholesome dairy products to their families with confidence and be proud to be a part of the Borden Tradition.