More Jobs at Technip
Senior Process Engineer(Based in Miri) Job posting reference 12794 Region Malaysia Location Miri Contract type Contract Start date Immediate Job description Job purpose:...
Offshore Structural Engineer Job posting reference 12134 Region Malaysia Location Kuala Lumpur Contract type Permanent Start date Immediate Job description JOB PURPOSE:...
Civil Engineer Job posting reference 11517 Region Malaysia Location Kuala Lumpur Contract type Permanent Start date Immediate Job description Job purpose: Perform design...
Senior/ Mechanical Engineer (Based in Miri, Brunei)
Job posting reference 08487
Contract type Permanent
Start date Immediate
Job purpose: Perform Engineering design on current projects for onshore /offshore projects and to fulfill Departmental needs and support engineering operation within the Company.
Reporting lines and interactions:
Hierarchically reports to: Mechanical Department Head
Operationally reports to: Lead Mechanical Engineer (or Project Manager)
Directly supervises: Junior Engineers
Key interactions (internally, externally):
Internally: Other Engineering Disciplines Lead, TP Inspector /Buyer /Expeditor, DCC Controller, Project Manager / Project Engineer /Project secretary,
Externally: Client, JV Partners, Equipment Suppliers/ Sub-suppliers, Third-party Inspector or Certifying Authorities, QA/HSE Auditor
Typical background and experience required:
* The Candidate (preferably Malaysian) shall posses a RECOGNISED Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E. Hons or equivalent), Second-class upper (or first class) and very fluent in professional English (oral /written) with good communication skill.
* Possess at least minimum 5 years and above of DESIGN experience in various Package Equipment for Onshore /Offshore application ie. Process Packages, Utility Packages, Material Handling equipment, and Water Treatment /WWT experience. And at least total of 5 years of experience in EPC Contracting work will be an advantage, including adequate Site and Test-Witness experience,
* Be able to work independently and have the ability to Lead a team of Package Equipment Engineers / Mechanical Engineers for oil & gas / petrochemical projects
* Be able to produce Engineering specifications /Requisitions/ perform Equipment selection for Client approval in fast-track environments and CONDUCT technical clarification meetings with potential Bidders /Clients / JV Partners Design and calculation /report,
* Be thorough with the standards and good engineering practices of international oil companies, in addition to international codes such as API, ASME/ANSI , NFPA, NACE, EN and ISO .
* He must possess detailed knowledge of his field and able to perform technical audit / Pre-qualification meeting at Vendor’s premises
Nice to have
* Knowledge of PDMS / Model review is an advantage
* Offshore visits experience
* Short-term Site or Fabrication experience (1~ 2 yrs maximum)
* Perform Assessment on Vendor workshop’s capability
Main scope of Engineering deliverables performed include:
* Basic engineering design and calculation reports
* Equipment pre-selection reports (for Package Equipment /HVAC Equipment)
* Technical Clarifications and Bid Evaluation Reports
* Equipment Cost estimation /Weight estimation
* Interface with other disciplines
* Vendor Data Review/Approval / Review Manufacturer Data Report (MDR)
* Inspection assistance (which will include own Technical Analyses of test results)
* Ability to solve site related issues / Support to Site Technical Queries (STQ)
* Possess relevant qualification and knowledge, professional experience, good professional judgment, responsive and pro-active in execution of project, and ability to handle different situations
* Produce Quality Engineering deliverables / engineering service and meeting Client expectation
* Able to achieve project milestone / schedule, and business goals
* Fulfill QA /HSE aspects, with acceptable team-works
* Ability to Lead / coach /guide young engineers
* Exhibit and maintain good relationship with Client / Peers / Equipment Vendor & suppliers.
* Good Professional Check (feedback) from past Employers / Clients.