QUALITY SERVICE SAFETY
We're Nursing at its Best
The very factors that drive Hackensack University Medical Center to national success are the same ones that drive America's best nurses to us. Nurses who value quality, service, and safety. Nurses who are invigorated by patient care and cutting-edge medicine. Who are energized by career advancement. Who know that the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence is more than an honor, it's a way of thinking.
The registered nurse functions as a caregiver for a specific patient population in order to achieve desired outcomes. This position directs and oversees the care provided by other caregivers through delegation, validation, evaluation, and coordination. This position effectively coordinates patient care/unit activities among nursing peers, physicians, and support services.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological and cognitive status.
2. Functions as a Registered Professional Nurse using the outcome based practice model by demonstrating competency in clinical judgment, select technical skills and appropriate knowledge base.
3. Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner, utilizing procedures, protocols, standards of care, and education of patients and significant others.
4. Evaluates effectiveness of care toward desired outcomes in progressing patients toward a predefined length of stay.
5. Performs documentation responsibilities following the outcome-based standards and guidelines for forms used in the Medical Center and the assigned clinical area.
6. Demonstrates applied knowledge base in areas of outcome based standards, protocols, medications, standards of care, patient classification data and significant lab values as defined generically in the Medical Center and in area of clinical expertise.
7. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
8. Adheres to Professional Practice Standards, using outcome based practice model and the American Nurses Association indicators as guidelines.
9. Utilizes and participates in current research findings in the care of patients and families following standards of care, policies and procedures, and protocols.
PART TIME DAYS
EVERY OTHER WEEKEND
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
1 year of experience
* Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse license.
* Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support HCP Certification.
Join us by visiting humccareers.com and applying online.
HACKENSACK UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
When You Feel Good, We Feel Good.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a smoke free environment.