Perform various mailroom duties including lifting and removing newspaper bundles, monitoring the automated mailroom equipment and checking papers for quality. Perform various duties in preparing insert preprints for bulk delivery including loading preprints into insert machine hopper feeder, loading completed bundles onto skids, preparing inserts for post office delivery and cleaning insert area. Responsible for providing excellent service to Hartford Courant internal and external customers as well as to readers, advertisers and the community through their regular job duties and as a member of the Hartford Courant team to write, sell, produce and deliver the best newspaper possible.
* Lift and move newspaper bundles, ensuring accurate zone requirements.
* Monitor automated mailroom equipment, clearing paper jams, notifying pressroom,
electrician and/or supervisor as appropriate when major equipment problems occur.
* Pick up and salvage or dispose of broken bundles and/or waste. Prepare various logs by filling
in stacker and waste numbers.
* Check papers for quality by randomly scanning several papers and notifying appropriate
staff of poor quality printing or errors.
* Perform general clean up of papers, skids and debris that accumulate during the shift,
adhering to job procedures and Courant recycling practices.
* Perform additional mailroom duties to assist in meeting department and company goals.
* Feed preprints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately. Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts.
* Some high school preferred
* No experience required
* Manual dexterity, strength to lift up to 50 pounds
* The ability to concentrate on accuracy while machine is running.
* Work schedules may vary based on business needs. Including nights and weekends.
*Postal Code:* 06115