Supervisor Laboratory - IP Laboratory - Full Time - Eves
The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the immediate staffing and operating needs of his/her area. He/she is responsible for assuring appropriate training for new employees and students, as well as assuring the ongoing competency of staff members. He/she is responsible for implementation and revision of policies and procedures. He/she has input into personnel management decisions regarding discipline, hiring, promotions and evaluation. He/she will serve on working committees to improve system efficiencies.
- Hours are 3:00 pm - 11:30 am
- 23 Direct Reports
- Able to coordinate on some projects
- Detailed orientated a must
1. Provide staffing schedules and task assignments for area of responsibility.
2. Initiate and coordinate training of new staff and monitor staff competency.
3. Complete tasks of personnel management including, but not limited to, performance evaluations, employee conduct, employee health and safety, invoking disciplinary action when necessary.
4. Monitor the appropriateness of current policies and procedures. Work with the Medical Director and Technical Manager to revise and implement policies and procedures as necessary.
5. Serve and represent the department on working committees.
6. Monitor and report performance improvement activities to the appropriate individuals.
7. Attend in-services and meetings to assure job competency.
8. Assume all duties of the medical technologist as workload or staffing demands.
9. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess the data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to age specific need.
10. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.Qualifications: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university and successful score
on a national examination for certification approved by the State Board; OR
Completion of three years of academic study, with a minimum of 90 semester hours at an accredited college or university in a curriculum involving biological or physical science and at least 12 months training at a school of medical technology approved by a national accrediting agency and pass a national examination for certification; OR
A bachelor's degree in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences at an accredited college or university, and at least one year of additional full-time experience or training in the specialty or subspecialty in which he/she performs test(s) and pass a national examination for certification; OR
Pass an exam given by the Department of Health and Human Services. LICENSURE:
ASCP or equivalent certification, State of Nevada certification as a General Supervisor. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of six years experience as a Medical Technologist. Experience in a large clinical laboratory and/or children's hospital preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.