Transportation Security Officer (APN)
Hundreds of Airports.
Millions of Passengers.
One Mission: Keep Them All Safe.
Transportation Security Officers
Be part of a dynamic security team protecting airports and skies as you proudly secure your future. Implement security screening procedures that prevent deadly or dangerous objects from being transported onto an aircraft. Part-time opportunities are available.
Serve the Traveling Public
At the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), we serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, we secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways and public transit systems. We protect our transportation infrastructure from terrorist attack and ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce.
**TSA may apply a gender-specific (male or female) hiring preference to fill TSO positions in order to meet security mission and same gender pat-down job-related requirements. At airport locations where it is necessary to apply the hiring preference, candidates of the needed gender will be provided preference in the scheduling of the computer based aptitude test, airport assessments, processing and selection.**
Alpena County Regional Airport (APN)
At TSA, we act swiftly and with integrity to:
• Discover and stop emerging transportation security threats, utilizing state of the art technology
• Educate and provide friendly customer service to travelers
• Screen passengers and gather intelligence
• Coordinate security involving aviation, rail and other surface and maritime transportation
• Oversee most transportation-related responsibilities of the federal government during a national emergency
Please read all of the announcement to ensure that you meet the qualifications, understand the key requirements and are able to perform the physically demanding duties of this job.
TSOs MUST be willing and able to:
• Repeatedly lift and carry up to 70 pounds
• Continuously stand between one (1) to four (4) hours without a break to carry out screening functions
• Walk up to two (2) miles during a shift
• Communicate with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
• Maintain focus and awareness and work within a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery, and people, distractions, time pressure, disruptive and angry passengers, and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life threatening devices and devices intended to create massive destruction
• Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
You will perform a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft. As a TSO, you may be required to perform passenger screening, baggage screening or both. You are expected to perform all of these duties in a courteous and professional manner.
Part-time with Full-time Federal Benefits • Paid, ongoing training
Schedule Alternatives for Part-time Positions: You could be required to work any of the schedules listed below. Specific work shifts and schedules will be determined by the airport.
Part-time (16-25) hours per week. Part-time work hours for this position consists of shift-work on any day from Sunday through Saturday, which may include irregular hours, nights, holidays, overtime, extended shifts and weekend shifts, changing shifts, and split shifts. Part-time split shift is defined as any two shifts, lasting at least two (2) hours each, in one 24-hour period with a break of at least two (2) hours between shifts. Exceptions - shifts to support morning, midday, and afternoon / evening operations.
Discover the Benefits of Serving America
The work we do is rewarding and on the cutting edge of Federal service. You’ll receive competitive compensation and all Federal benefits, including a variety of health insurance options, life and long-term care insurance, paid time off, flexible spending account, retirement plan, flexible work schedules, career development and enrichment training, an employee recognition program and more.
TSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to non-merit factors as race, color, religion, gender, handicap, age, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying disabilities, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, personal favoritism, protected genetic information, or status as a parent. TSA does have requirements to provide same-gender screening to travelers to protect their privacy.
Apply today at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov or call 1.877.872.7990