Title: Vice President, Marketing, Sales and Business Development, Mid-Atlantic States
Location: Rockville, MD
The VP -- Marketing, Sales and Business Development is a key member of the region''s executive team, providing leadership in the development and execution of market and business strategies that deliver predictable and sustainable growth in membership, revenue and margin. The VP is expected to lead the positioning of Kaiser Permanente''s integrated health care delivery system as the leader in the regional marketplace. This VP position requires high-level collaboration and influencing skills to achieve high performance in a large complex multi-regional enterprise. In addition to driving membership, revenue and margin growth in the Mid-Atlantic States region, the VP is expected to participate in and provide leadership in MSSA enterprise forums and workgroups that drive improvement in our enterprise capabilities and performance as ''One KP''.
- Develops a three to five year strategic market growth plan, based on a portfolio of lines of business strategies, and which effectively advances Kaiser Permanente''s unique value proposition in the Mid-Atlantic States market.
- Represents Kaiser Permanente as a senior executive to develop and maintain key customer, broker and consultant relationships, with a focus on getting KP access to c-suite decision makers.
- Develops sales, account management and market strategies that reflect the future of the business (ability to integrate actuarial, delivery system performance, internal capabilities).
- Leads development of sales and marketing messages that differentiates the value of KP in terms of the value to the customer (how do we solve their problem, fill an unmet need, a want for a unique experience, etc.)
- Optimizes the deployment of resources and prioritize strategies focused on achieving the greatest business results.
- Leads a disciplined, high performing, market-focused team. Manages account management, sales, underwriting, and distribution activities, using key performance indicators (leading, concurrent and lagging) to ensure clarity of accountabilities and urgent response to the unexpected. Relentless focus on results.
- With program product leadership, develops products that position Kaiser Permanente''s value as an integrated delivery system, delivers differentiated value and addresses the current and future needs of the purchaser.
- Develops (or ensures) sales training programs to ensure sales, account management and underwriting teams are equipped to effectively position Kaiser Permanente with its unique value proposition, close the sale, prospect new opportunities, and reinforce a high performance culture.
- Directs the support (or influences, participates with the program) of investments in sales force effectiveness and leads the functions necessary for regional sales force performance
o Talent selection
- Manages sales and account management forecasting, planning and budgeting processes (integrated with regional strategic plan) with a high level of quality, accuracy and consistency.
- Optimizes the use of region and program resources and services to achieve regional growth and performance goals to outperform the market.
- Prioritizes/influences investment in customer focused enabling technology, and works closely with health plan service administration team to meet customer service expectations.
- Bachelor''s degree or appropriate experience in related field.
- A minimum of ten to twelve years of broad experience which demonstrates likelihood for success in a market-facing general management role including several of the following areas: sales leadership, growth from existing customers, new business development, marketing, strategic planning, sales management, pricing, strategy development, communications, and health care operations. Deep understanding of the health care industry, dynamics and managed care environment. A strong market focus is essential.
- History building and developing high performing teams. Proven track record in recruiting, leading and managing a large staff of professionals.
- Experience with influence leadership to pull resources from within a region and from other enterprise areas to support success.
- Experience in successful application of creative and analytical problem solving skills.
- Market focused and results driven.
- Proven track record in sales growth operating in highly competitive market - success in deploying techniques to disrupt current market approaches.
- Demonstrated appreciation for and interest in the value of integrated care delivery and positioning this value in the insurance market.
- Demonstrated ability to develop line of business strategies and execution plans.
- Experience with a variety of sales and account management methods, distribution and partnership models (business to business, direct to consumer, retail, service, 3rd party distribution, etc.).
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative internal relationships (performance based) in a large complex (matrixed) environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills - inspiring, professional, and credible.
- Understanding of underwriting and pricing principles and processes.
- Knowledge of health plan administrative and insurance processes.
- Basic understanding of public policy, provider network operations, information technology, and delivery system operations.
- Proven trusted leader.
- Trust, ethics and professionalism which align with Kaiser Permanente''s Principles of Responsibility.
- Ability to travel for events and meetings approximately 25% of the time.
- Graduate degree or executive graduate work in business preferred.
- Experience in care delivery a plus.