We're sorry... This job has expired or been removed. It may have been filled or removed for some other reason. For your reference the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
MindSource is looking for a strong Visual Designer with a good understanding of interaction and motion design, to contribute to the design and development of our products. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment, where they will regularly interact with fellow designers as well as with product managers and software engineers. Good communication skills are a requirement for the position. The candidate will also feel comfortable with following directions from senior designers, while being able to organize their workflow autonomously and meet deadlines. In addition, the candidate will be capable of contributing to the ideation of the future visual directions for our products, and demonstrate the benefits of their proposals.
- Understanding strategic market positioning and technical requirements for a product;
- Translating product positioning and requirements in specific visual design themes and directions, using a variety of visual and graphic design techniques;
- Developing full visual design languages and systems including grids and layouts, typography, photography, iconography, UI elements, and others;
- Applying visual design languages and systems to the design of specific screens for a variety of devices with different sizes, aspect ratios, and pixel densities;
- Ensure a consistent consumer product experience across devices by working in close collaboration with interaction and motion designers;
- In collaboration with interaction and motion designers, developing and illustrating user scenarios;
- Creating clear and detailed visual design documents intended for an audience of developers with no design background;
- Contributing to the creation of future and current product presentations, interactive demonstrations, and video scenarios;
- Good understanding of interaction design and motion design;
- Confidently presenting designs to product managers and software engineers;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, QuickTime, Adobe Premiere and After Effect;
- Strong time management skills and ability to be self-directed when needed;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with a major web, product development or consulting firm in the digital product and/or service design and development space.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies;
- Experience working on more than one project at a time.
- Work in close collaboration with designers, product managers, prototyping and software engineers throughout all phases of product development;
- Participate in the ideation of new products and services, illustrate them through rich, interactive demonstrations, and document them;
- Design UIs and visuals for screens on TV, tablet, smart phone, and others, and package them in production ready assets for developers;
- Create detailed documentation of visual designs;
- Present ideas and solutions to diverse functional roles;
- Participate in the daily activities of a scrum team comprised of software engineers, product managers and designers.