We're sorry... This job has expired or been removed. It may have been filled or removed for some other reason. For your reference the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Volunteer Coordinator - Req. # : 112.35
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
05 - SW Administrative Office Fort Myers, FL, US 33901
Date Needed By
GRADE:� D/E 19
OBJECTIVE:� To recruit, screen, and manage volunteers to provide client support; solicit and coordinate community donations for clients in the program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Recruit, select, screen, orient, and train CHS volunteers.
- Process background screening for volunteers.
- Assign, supervise and evaluate program volunteers and/or assist supervisory staff in this task.
- Plan and facilitate meetings for clients and volunteers and coordinate activities.
- Coordinate special activities or projects (i.e. Wendy''s collection boxes, volunteer recognition, etc.).
- Develop and prepare educational materials for volunteer training and volunteer newsletter.
- Represent Children''s Home Society of Florida (CHS) and promote programs through outreach activities and networking; solicit donations.
- Respond to questions and calls concerning volunteer opportunities with CHS.
- Facilitate meetings with community groups to discuss possible activities and sponsoring for CHS.
- Maintain files and records as required by program; maintain program statistics and prepare reports.
- May assist Development Department with special events.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children''s Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
# of Hires Needed
- Bachelor''s Degree
- Two years of related work experience
- Florida Driver''s License within 30 days from hire
- One to two years social services experience
- One year experience working with community agencies
- Knowledge of effective parenting skills
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good decision making skills
- Knowledge of community
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel
NEEDED: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Reaching, Driving�
PREFERRED: Carrying, Kneeling, Pushing/Pulling, Bending/Stooping
Top of Page