Qualifications Summary: Communications professional with extensive experience in the fields of media and communication. Excels at working under strict deadlines with technical and organizational precision. Readily adapts to change and works well under pressure with excellent organization and communication skills.
Technical Skills: Journalistic, communications and public relations writing. Experienced with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, Soundstudio, Final Cut Pro, Audacity, Avid iNews, Avid Instinct and Clickability software, Soundslides, as well as Microsoft Office Suite; both Macs and PCs, can type ••••• WPM, valid Wisconsin drivers license, competent in Spanish.
• Series Producer: University Eye October •••••Present: WisconsinEye Political and Public Affairs Television Network-Madison, WI o Interview state politicians, journalists and local celebrities o Organize shoots, schedule interviews and edit footage o Conceptualized and currently produce a magazine-style, current events program geared toward current and prospective college/university students in Wisconsin
• Host: The Wheel & In My Honest Opinion December •••••February •••••: Big Ten Network/UW Communications-Madison, WI o On-air talent for University of Wisconsin magazine style show, “The Wheel,” and opinion/panel show, “In My Humble Opinion” o Crafted stories and contributed reports, interviewed in-studio guests and local celebrities o Assisted in the creative concept for the shows
• Assignment Editor-Weekend June •••••March •••••: WMTV: NBC •••••Madison, WI o Coordinated interviews, as well as researched stories for reporters, photojournalists and producers o Wrote news stories for the station Web site o Supervised and trained newsroom interns
• News Director/Assignment Editor Fall •••••August •••••: WSUM••••• FM, Madison’s Student Radio Station
• Promotional Intern Summer/Fall •••••: Z••••• WZEE Madison, WI
Education: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN - Madison, Wisconsin Bachelor of Arts: Journalism-Mass Communication: Strategic Communication Bachelor of Arts: Journalism-Mass Communication: Broadcast and Print Reporting Bachelor of Arts: Communication Arts
• Chris Long President & CEO, WisconsinEye ••••• W. Washington Ave. Madison, WI ••••• Phone: (•••••) ••••••••••
• Chris Gegg News Director, NBC •••••WMTV ••••• Forward Dr. Madison, WI ••••• Phone: (•••••) ••••••••••
• Dave Black General Manager, WSUM- ••••• FM ••••• East Campus Mall: Suite ••••• Madison, WI ••••• Phone: (•••••) ••••••••••
• John Roach President, John Roach Productions ••••• Research Park Dr. Suite J Fitchburg, WI ••••• Phone: (•••••) ••••••••••