••••• D. ••••• Employment April ••••• – Present Master Level Therapist (P/T) Canyon State Academy; Queen Creek, AZ
August ••••• –May ••••• Fourth Grade teacher Salk Elementary; Mesa, AZ
August •••••May ••••• Special Ed teacher Salk Elementary; Mesa, AZ
August •••••May ••••• Fourth Grade teacher Noah Webster Elementary; Mesa, AZ
August •••••May ••••• K••••• Iterant Teacher D/HH Gilbert Public Schools; Gilbert, AZ
March •••••May ••••• Elementary Teacher Sequoia School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing; Mesa, AZ
December-March ••••• Educational Interpreter Montana School for the Deaf and Blind; Great Falls, MT
Related Experience • (March – December •••••, ••••• hours) Counseling Internship, troubled youth, (ages •••••) Provided counseling services for a caseload of ••••• clients, complete intakes assessments, communication both orally and in writing the progress of each client with fellow staff and attended CFT meeting on behalf of the client. Canyon State Academy, Queen Creek, AZ.
• (November-January •••••, ••••• weeks) Student Teaching, (5th grade) Created lesson plans in the areas of Literature, Social Studies and Science. Lewis and Clark Elementary School, Great Falls, MT.
• (August-November •••••, ••••• weeks) Student Teaching, (•••••th grade) Designed unit plans in the area of Reading, Language Arts, and Mathematics. Montana School for the Deaf and Blind, Great Falls, MT.
• (June- July •••••, 8 weeks) Camp Counselor, Deaf/Hard of Hearing students, (ages 9 •••••) Residential camp program that provided a diverse amount of art experiences and outdoor adventures, took part in the training for teens (summer leadership program 1 week); Provide direct care and supervision of campers. Southwest Arts In Action, Sedona AZ.
• (June-November •••••) Teacher’s Assistant, (infant –age 4) Provided a safe and nurturing environment for the medical staff’s children. Sioux Valley Hospital Day Care Center, Sioux Falls, SD.
• (August ••••• – February •••••) Residential Counselor, developmentally disabled young adults (••••• years old) Provide education, modeling, and support to participants in an effort to develop the social and life skills needed for effective self-governance. Southeastern Behavioral Healthcare, Sioux Falls SD. • (January •••••, ••••• hours) Practicum Experience, 1st grade – high school North Valley School’s mission is to provide a successful, comprehensive, and therapeutic educational program. The students’ needs are met through a curriculum of structured behavioral programs based on effective praise. North Valley School, Santa Rosa, CA.
• (August •••••, ••••• hours) Sign Language Workshop Instructor (Individuals and families from children to adults) Instructed a series of workshops to teach both Signed Exact English (SEE) and American Sign Language (ASL) for the community. Mountain Home Institute for Learning, Mountain Home ID.
Education ••••• – ••••• Walden University Minneapolis, Minnesota Mental Health Counselor Professional Master of Science, Nationally Accredited College, CACREP certified
•••••••••• Augustana College Sioux Falls, South Dakota Deaf Education/ Elementary Education Bachelor’s Degree, Double major Deaf Education/Elementary Education Elementary Education/Deaf Education Certificate December ••••• Current Cumulative GPA •••••
• Microsoft Trained (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) • Smart Board Training, (•••••) • Teacher Assistant Team Leader (TAT) (•••••) • Positive Behavioral Change; Make a Difference with the Power of Connection-Mary Robinson Reynolds (piloted program ••••• school year)
• Renaissance Learning, Accelerated Reading Workshop (•••••) South Dakota Education Association (SDEA) weekend conference (October •••••) • Silent Retreat in Minnesota (•••••, •••••), Presenter: Peter Cook • ASL IV (August – December •••••) and ASL V (February – May •••••) presented by Communication Services for the Deaf, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. • Practical Strategies for Teachers Including all Students in General Education Classrooms, sponsored by, SD Statewide Systems Change & Deaf/Blind Projects. One-day workshop – November •••••, •••••