Summary Experienced Master of various vessels for ••••• years ••••• years total in maritime industry, that has a wide variety of skill and knowledge in safe operation of any vessel, any time, any where. Willing and able to please clients, customers, and employer as desired. Willing to and works with a crew to keep a safe, professional, and comfortable work environment. Very enthusiastic about job, and all that goes with it, flexible in many aspects that does not compromise safety and/or liability of employer.
Additional • USCG, ABS, and ISM inspections, requirement, regulation, standard, and documentation process. • Computer literate very familiar with Windows PC, Mac software. Works, Excel, Word, Outlook, Outlook Express, Adobe, Navigation Software. • Organizational skill, Cost awareness and conscious, with general knowledge in electronics repair, engine room, electrical, carpentry.
• Dolphin Marine Int. / Crosby Tugs August ••••• to Jan. ••••• Recruited to hire on as a Master Relief and Master for the vessels Dolphin I, Dolphin V & Dolphin III. After Dolphin Marine sold to Crosby tugs was promoted to the position as the Master of the Crosby Commodore. During this time gained experience while towing multiple types of equipment. Areas of operation include various Ports in the Gulf of Mexico, Mexico, East Coast to New York and inner harbors, the Caribbean to Venezuela, Trinidad & Curacao. Reason for leaving -Company sold, laid off.
• Harvey Gulf International April ••••• To August ••••• Hired by this employer as a Relief Master on Harvey Warhorse and Warhorse II where we preformed multiple tows of offshore drilling structures from and to various locations and ports of the Gulf of Mexico. During this time gained experience in the placement of Semi Submersible drilling and production structures, including placement of spar structures. Reason for Leaving – Recruited and had a preference to the next employer.
• Dolphin Marine Int. September ••••• - April ••••• Relief Master Dolphin V. Worked aboard this vessel sailing from Indonesia, Singapore, South Africa, West Africa, back to United States. Vessel was chartered to Global Offshore Int. Various tasks for Derrick Barge Hercules. Maneuvering, anchoring, mooring, and docking of various barges and equipment were done during time spent with this vessel. Multiple tasks required in assisting in the process of pipe lay and offshore structure removal and placement process. Reason for leaving- lack of work at end of job.
• Edison Chouest Offshore January ••••• –September ••••• Served time on DP I, II Offshore Survey, and Supply Vessels for offshore oil and gas rigs. While employed for this company operated dynamic positioning, z-drive vessels with lengths of •••••’ up to •••••’ servicing numerous rigs at various locations in Gulf of Mexico. While employed with E.C.O. acquired DP Certifications and other credentials with the training that was offered. Reason for leaving, opportunities offered with next employer to achieve Master of Towing endorsement.
• Dolphin Towing July ••••• – January ••••• When hired assigned as needed as Relief Master on board Dolphin I, III, and IV. During this time acquired knowledge in Deep ocean towing, Deepwater Rig movement, High horsepower tug operation, and handling. While employed made trips in Gulf of Mexico, South America, Mexico. Reason for leaving was training and certifications offered by next employer.
• Delta Towing (Edison Chouest Offshore) June ••••• – July ••••• While employed was assigned to Towing Vessel Delta Freedom as Mate, after 5 months promoted to Relief Masters position. During this period of time operated from various ports in Gulf of Mexico, and up East Coast to Boston, Mass. Acquired anchor handling skills, along with Jack up Rig moving, Sea Going and Deck Barge towing, maneuvering, and docking skills. Reason for leaving, company was sold, tonnage of vessels.
• Seacor Marine May ••••• – June ••••• Initially hired with this company out of their Cameron, LA office which was formerly McCall Boat Rentals until McCall merged with them and worked on various Crew, Utility, and Supply vessels for them as Captain between ports of Aransas Pass, TX to Mobile, AL. After 6 months was permanent on Christine McCall •••••’ crew boat for one year, contracted to Chevron, then transferred to John B. Martin McCall •••••’ crew boat shortly after it came out of shipyard new, and contracted to Chevron until the end of my employment. I Achieved ••••• then ••••• ton Masters License during this time. Reason for leaving was availability of vessels to achieve the license I desired to achieve.
• Tidewater Marine Inc. June ••••• – May ••••• Hired as unlicensed engineer and maintained position until ••••• Received ••••• ton masters license and began service as a Mate for four months and given Masters Position on Crew, Utility & Supply Boats operating in Ports from Freeport, TX to Pascagoula, MS. until end of employment. Reason for leaving this company was salary offering of next employer.
• McCall Boat Rentals in Cameron, LA. August of ••••• – June ••••• Employed to work aboard various Crew Boats as needed at beginning of hire as an O/S then as an unlicensed engineer after one month of employment until end of employment. Reason for leaving was a better benefit package offered to unlicensed persons at next employer.
• Served in United States Navy June ••••• to May ••••• Served as Boatswains mate and became a veteran of first Gulf War. During this time duties entailed anchoring, beaching, and retracting of numerous amphibious landing craft, including the ship I was stationed on. Achieved qualifications as a master helmsman, lee helmsman, firefighting team on scene leader, medic stretcher bearer, landing signalman enlisted for flight deck during helicopter landings, various ship security training and duties. Reason for leaving – took accumulated leave and accepted honorable discharge at end of contract.