A Retail Auditor, Trainer and Operations professional with significant experience in high volume, multi-unit store operations for large national chains. Experience includes auditing company policies and procedures, training, employee and management development, employment practices and loss prevention. Highly analytical and resourceful with excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills to maintain a motivated and efficient retail work force. Proven decision making and multi-tasking abilities to balance people development with operations issues. Specific expertise includes:
* Auditing Processes * Company Policy and Procedure
* Training Assessment, Development, Delivery
* Retail Operations * Customer Service
* Expense Control
* Labor Regulations, Health & Safety Guidelines
* Loss Prevention
THE TJX COMPANIES, INC., Framingham, MA•••••••••• to ••••• Leading off-price retailer of family apparel and home fashions in U.S., Canada and Europe with over $••••• billion in annual sales. U.S. brands include TJMaxx, Marshalls, AJWright and HomeGoods with over ••••• locations.
LOSS CONTROL AUDITOR, AJWRIGHT DIVISION (••••• to •••••)
Operations consisted of ••••• stores in ••••• states with over ••••• employees and $••••• million in annual sales. Responsible for completing Loss Control Audits in ••••• stores across U.S., assessing level of shrinkage exposure, compliance to policy and procedure and legal mandates.
* Conducted audits to identify loss prevention and operational deficiencies within each store and provided management with appropriate feedback leading to audit scores improving 9% in 2 years.
* Delivered training classes to all levels of field management focusing on compliance to company policies and procedures which increased effectiveness of store operations and help reduce shrink •••••%.
* Investigated cash shortages from registers and cash office to identify dishonest associates or lapses in cash control to decrease store’s shrink.
* Revised and updated Loss Control audit form as needed to ensure accuracy and usability.
* Identified and communicated trends to district, regional and home office level management allowing them to institute improved procedures.
* Supervised year-end store inventories to ensure preparedness for an accurate stock count and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
FIELD TRAINING SPECIALIST, AJWright Division (••••• to •••••)
Responsible for developing and supporting all technical and operational training programs and documentation. Delivering training presentations as needed across U.S. Ensured compliance with labor and safety regulations, associate evaluation and payroll guidelines, loss prevention and company policies and procedures.
* Performed audits to ensure compliance with labor regulations, health and safety guidelines and company policies and procedures leading to improved audit scores.
* Provided training and auditing on payroll policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company and government regulations.
* Supported Corporate Human Resources and Operations Departments by editing and updating policies, procedures and training materials.
* Collaborated with Loss Prevention to develop methods and procedures which deterred internal theft improving profitability.
* Conducted management training workshops focusing on delegation, managing conflict and determining priorities, improving performance and job satisfaction.
* Supervised training and operational set-up at as many as 2 simultaneous new store openings.
* Identified district resources and interacted with District Managers to develop training stores and training teams resulting in faster and more complete development of new management employees.
* Trained and assisted in development of new Field Training Specialists, new Training Manager and new District Managers resulting in quicker assimilation into positions.
* Developed into content expert on new technology which provided telephone support allowing associates to receive assistance much quicker.
* Created training outlines and support material for store register program conversions. Trained the Trainers and provided support for conversions resulting in smooth transition.
* Provided operational, technical and cash office training to all new management employees.
FIELD TECHNICAL TRAINER, TJMAXX DIVISION (••••• to •••••)
Operations consisted of ••••• stores and •••••,••••• associates. Responsible for same criteria as Field Training Specialist at AJWright.
* Reviewed and edited company policies and procedures as a content expert.
* Performed audits to ensure compliance to labor regulations, health and safety guidelines and company policies and procedures and to pinpoint training needs.
* Selected to organize and train Training Department for new sister company, A.J. Wright, resulting in 6 successful store openings and creating foundation for training department.
* Led training for 3 new store openings simultaneously utilizing 9 trainers for ••••• employees.
* Led training at ••••• successful new store openings with largest one-day revenue being $•••••,•••••
* Created all training materials and Leader Guides for the e-store computer program rolled out to stores, district offices and regional offices.
* Led training for new cash office equipment roll-out. Trained the Trainer, an outside contractor, and developed training schedules.
* Analyzed thousands of Help Desk calls to determine problem area trends requiring attention and training.
* Participated in conversion to self-paced training programs.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, TJMAXX DIVISION (••••• to •••••)
* Oversaw staffing, performance evaluations and payroll for entire store.
* Supervised ••••• employees while coordinating opening of new T.J. Maxx store in Akron.
* Conducted routine audits and security surveillance exposing dishonest employees and shoplifters.
* Facilitated employee meetings discussing company benefits, rules and regulations.
* Provided training and coaching for employees leading to eventual promotion of an hourly associate to store manager.
* B.S., Zoology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
* Microsoft Office computer training classes * Many internal seminars on training, people development, leading others
* Society for Human Resource Management, National Chapter, member since •••••